Oh, wait, one network had new shows, ABC. But the ratings for a new Ugly Betty at 9 p.m. were dismal. Ugly Betty came in dead last with just a 0.9/3, only 3.39 million viewers for that timeslot.
A few weeks ago, I thought -- hoped -- things were looking up for Ugly Betty. It looked like the show was going to get a timeslot switch to Eastwick's Wednesday at 10 p.m. Alas, ABC has done nothing. Eastwick is not picked up for the season and it's still losing in that spot -- it had a 1.2/4 and just 3.89 million viewers this past week. That said, why isn't ABC giving Betty some love with a time change?
However, the advent of the NBC Football Night in America has put a dent in CBS's strength. Also the ABC lineup and Fox's animation domination are no slouches either. So, CBS is going to do something to bolster Sundays. Three Rivers and Cold Case will switch time slots.
Now, we've just heard the news that there's another pop coming to NCIS.
If you haven't read about the famous TV star chosen and you don't want to know about it, please, don't read any further. However, if you can handle casting without feeling like the story lines are spoiled, follow after the jump.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Drew Carey is on top of the world. So was Humpty Dumpty.
- Does endorsing donuts make Rachael Ray an evil person?
- Will Smith wants to make the movie Hitch into a TV sitcom. (Oops! Okay, so in the video I said "Switch" instead of Hitch. And great, now that song is going to be in my head all weekend.)
I was always a bit uncertain as to just how it was World Poker Tour fit in with the Travel Channel. I understand that the games took place in different places across the globe, but that always seemed like the equivalent of making a show about janitors who work in a hospital and calling it a medical drama.
Okay, maybe that wasn't the best analogy, but the point is that World Poker Tour, after almost five years on the Travel Channel, is heading over to GSN, which seems like a much better fit. World Poker Tour, one of the first popular "poker" shows and the one that made people like me who said "who the hell wants to watch people play poker?" choke on our words, will become part of the network's Friday night "Casino Night" lineup.
The fifth season of World Poker Tour is currently airing on the Travel Channel. It will hit GSN early next year.
On February 19, 2009 all television will switch from an analog to a digital signal. Anyone who doesn't either purchase a special box for digital conversion or purchase a TV specifically designed to receive a digital signal will be dragged into the town square and ritualistically murdered. Those who escape will live out the rest of their days in fear as they're hunted down and exterminated one by one.
Well, maybe it won't be that bad, but it's certainly going to be interesting to see how smooth this whole "digital conversion" thing goes.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time' Season 4: First Look at 'Frozen's' Elsa and Kristoff
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'Unconventional Movie Nite'
- 'Manhattan' Set Photos: Take a Tour of the Past
- 'Under the Dome' Interviews: Cast Teases Possible Escape from the Dome and More!
- 'Agents of SHIELD' and 'Agent Carter' Photos: The Cast Cuts Loose at San Diego Comic Con 2014
- More From BuddyTV
- Grimm Cast Names Nick and Juliette's Baby, Teases [Spoiler]'s Fate and More
- Parenthood Scoop: Breaking Bad's Betsy Brandt Returning as Hank's Ex
- TVLine Items: Gotham Casts Mobster Maroni, Mindy Taps Sunny Star & More
- Did The Strain Infect Voldemort? Is Teen Wolf a Big Bad Tease? Another Sharknado Fish Story? And More TV Qs
- More From TVLine
- Justin Bieber Looks So Unbearably Sad on a Yacht in Ibiza
- ‘Bachelor in Paradise' Is As Full of Twists, Drama, & Hook Ups As We Thought!
- 10 Celebs Who Were Too Old to Play High School Students
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Pretty Little Liars': Watch the First Scene of Next Week's 'Crazy' Episode!
- Justin Bieber's Not So Number 1 Fans
- More From ET