syndicated talk show
ABC is hoping to change that by giving comic babe and former Talk Soup slinger Aisha Tyler her own piece of programming.
The network is letting her develop a pilot for a "hybrid" style talk show that incorporates sketch, stand-up and other variety comedy into a fully "wired" show that will communicate with their audience over the Internet's series of complex tubes.
No, it's not a new cookbook or anything about food or travel, her two specialties on FN. Rachael Ray is writing her memoirs, the story of a kid from upstate New York who's made in big on TV.
Rachael, who turns 40 on August 25, has had a meteoric rise on TV, and as I wrote last week, she's one of five TV stars I think have exceeded expectations. In a very short time, she's become a force with which to be reckoned.
That's what Broadcasting & Cable is reporting, citing industry sources. The sources say that Rosie O'Donnell's agent is shopping around a show that's a lot like The View, a show with a panel, talking about current events, with a guest host each week.
Of course, the same sources say that Rosie might do many things, including hosting her own syndicated talk show again. Rosie hinted recently that she would be doing something with a company with initials, and that could mean CBS, including appearances on The Early Show. Though I wonder how that would affect her appearances on The View, since she said she's not going away completely and will be a guest once in a while.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ratings: Bruce Jenner Interview Draws Nearly 17 Million Viewers to ABC
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Tony Hale
- Bruce Jenner's E! Docuseries About Transition Gets Summer Premiere Date
- Bruce Jenner Tells Diane Sawyer, 'I Am a Woman' in 20/20 Interview Special
- Disney Channel's Jessie Spinoff Gets Title, Premise, Cast Additions
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Bruce Jenner's Second Wife Linda Thompson Commends ABC Interview
- Laverne Cox Calls Bruce Jenner Brave & More Celebs React on Social Media
- 17 Million People Tune In for Bruce Jenner Interview
- Bruce Jenner's Family Show Their Support on Social Media
- Chris Pratt Aces Nonsense Karaoke With Jimmy Fallon!
- More From ET