syndicated talk show
ABC is hoping to change that by giving comic babe and former Talk Soup slinger Aisha Tyler her own piece of programming.
The network is letting her develop a pilot for a "hybrid" style talk show that incorporates sketch, stand-up and other variety comedy into a fully "wired" show that will communicate with their audience over the Internet's series of complex tubes.
No, it's not a new cookbook or anything about food or travel, her two specialties on FN. Rachael Ray is writing her memoirs, the story of a kid from upstate New York who's made in big on TV.
Rachael, who turns 40 on August 25, has had a meteoric rise on TV, and as I wrote last week, she's one of five TV stars I think have exceeded expectations. In a very short time, she's become a force with which to be reckoned.
That's what Broadcasting & Cable is reporting, citing industry sources. The sources say that Rosie O'Donnell's agent is shopping around a show that's a lot like The View, a show with a panel, talking about current events, with a guest host each week.
Of course, the same sources say that Rosie might do many things, including hosting her own syndicated talk show again. Rosie hinted recently that she would be doing something with a company with initials, and that could mean CBS, including appearances on The Early Show. Though I wonder how that would affect her appearances on The View, since she said she's not going away completely and will be a guest once in a while.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Arrow's Truths Come Out — Were You Surprised?
- S.H.I.E.L.D. First Look: Cobie Smulders' Agent Hill Finds an Ally, Amy Acker Guest-Stars
- Exclusive Community Season Finale Sneak Peek: Are Jeff and Britta Finally Saying 'I Do'?
- Exclusive: Banshee Promotes 2 to Series Regular
- TVLine Items: Roswell Reunion, BMS' Kickstarter Campaign, a Kitchen Exclusive and More
- More From TVLine
- 'Heaven is For Real': The Boy the Book is Based on Details Near Death Experience
- After Long Seperation, Will Arnett Files For Divorce From Amy Poehler
- FIRST LOOK: ET's 'Dream It … Do It' Helps Stars Take On Their Bucket Lists
- How Tori Spelling Found Out About Husband's Cheating
- Which of Your Favorite Celebs Has Died the Most On Screen?
- More From ET