According to The Wrap, G.M. pulled its ads from 'Skins' Friday, but despite placing the series on its "do not buy" list, advertisements for the Chevy Volt were apparently aired by mistake. A G.M. spokesman said the company's products would not appear on the series in future.
The third major advertiser to withdraw from the series, Wrigley, said that it decided to suspend advertising during the show "as it is never our intent to endorse content that could offend our consumers." The company said previous ads during 'Skins' were part of a broader advertising plan with MTV.
Gidget apparently suffered from a "stroke" (according to her trainer Sue Chipperton), but there are a few who know the entire truth. The dog raves and dog orgies that Gidget ran, the dog brothel she ran right outside of Las Vegas, the heavy duty dog drug use followed by the usual 4 A.M. Taco Bell run to satisfy the munchies... This was one sick puppy.
Okay, the last paragraph was a bit of a fib. Still, of all the celebrities to pass away recently, Gidget, I shall miss you the most. I shall think of you every time I drop the chalupa.
We won't get a revival, of course, but we now have a great DVD set (in stores today) to keep forever. All of the episodes are here (including one that didn't even make it to ABC), and a couple of good extras.
Here's the thing...I thought this was an okay commercial, with the smoky-eyed mariachi player enticing these two office workers to enjoy their Taco Bell Fiesta Platter at a table rather than during a meeting. I even liked the whip crack sound effect when the female office worker was put under the mariachi player's spell. Then they showed a picture of the Fiesta Platter...Urk.
One of the most unappetizing platters I have ever seen on a commercial. Nothing better than seeing all that food crowded on a tiny plastic tray. If they had presented it better maybe it would have worked for me. Instead, the whole commercial was ruined. Perhaps they need to rehire the Taco Bell dog again to bring the customer's back.
Well, he's been offered a chance to work a one-hour shift, anyway. Taco Bell Corporation sent a letter to Kevin Federline asking him to work for one hour at an unspecified Taco Bell location so he could see "what a great place Taco Bell is to work." The offer came after Federline made a Super Bowl ad for Nationwide Insurance that shows him having lost everything and working at a fast food restaurant. The commercial angered the National Restaurant Association, which said the commercial was an insult to fast food workers.
I have to agree with Federline's insistence that the point of the commercial is to poke fun at himself and not fast food workers, and I have to disagree that Taco Bell is a great place to work. I've worked in fast food, and every minute spent behind that counter is like having your soul slowly extracted from your body until you're nothing more than a human husk without the ability to feel anything, physically or emotionally. At least, that was my experience. I respect anyone who works in that field, because it's a demanding and mostly thankless job.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Constantine' Recap: John and Papa Midnite Join Forces
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Which Guy's Got Moves Like Elvis?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Which Team is Targeted By the Other Racers?
- Best ?Bones? Quotes from 'The Puzzler in the Pit'
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Fade Into You'
- More From BuddyTV
- Jane the Virgin Preview: Michael's Heartache, Petra the Kidnapper & More
- Cameron Diaz Hosts SNL: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- Report: X Factor May Return to Fox
- Ratings: Constantine and Shark Tank Rise, H50 Hits Season Highs
- HTGAWM Post Mortem: EP Talks 'Murder Night' Aftermath — 'You Should Be Worried About Everyone'
- More From TVLine
- 'SNL' Makes Cameron Diaz a 'Back Home Baller' and Brings Back 'Schoolhouse Rock'
- 5 Seconds of Summer Announces New Live Album
- Nene Leakes Uses Cinderella Costume to Spoof Kim Kardashian
- This 'Guardians of the Galaxy' and 'Friends' Mashup Will Make Your Day
- Why Taylor Swift Never Shows Her Belly Button
- More From ET