That's right, the six million CD selling Boyle will actually be in Chicago's Harpo Studios. No satellite feed this time. Nope, Susan Boyle will be able to jump up and down on the couch just like Tom Cruise. Or maybe she can bring her kitty cat, Pebbles, on the set and introduce her to American audiences?
CBS' Innertube broadband site has an occasionally interesting series called Animate This! in which stars from different series tell stories about being in the industry which are then animated for comic effect. Some of the stories, such as Jennifer Love Hewitt's recollection of singing as a young child at a Texas fair, aren't that interesting, while others, such as Jeff Probst story of scuba diving while taping Survivor and ending up away from the boat with producer Mark Burnett and circled by a shark like the movie Open Water, are somewhat more gripping. The series is animated by Renegade Animation, the same studio that does Hi HI Puffy Ami Yumi on Cartoon Network.
[via Cold, Hard Flash]
For example, there's the unwritten law of TV shows that states two or more people can discuss illegal activities, quite loudly, while in public and surrounded by strangers, and no one will hear them. If you keep an eye out for it, you'll notice it all the time. Criminals will meet in restaurants and chat about their plans to murder someone as if they're talking about the weather. Detectives will discuss top secret cases while walking along bustling city streets. What's even stranger than discussing these things so loudly and within earshot of everyone else is the idea that they found it necessary to come to a public place to discuss it in the first place. Of course, sometimes a show must do that in order to create a sense of atmosphere, and that's fine, it is just TV after all. Still, I find it amusing to imagine real criminals behaving this way. It would certainly make for easier arrests.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Awkward Season Premiere Recap: Naked and Betrayed
- Jane the Virgin Casts Pop Star Kesha as Jane's New [Spoiler] in Season 2
- All My Children Vet Vincent Irizarry Joins Days of Our Lives — Get Details
- Scream Boss on Wes Craven's Death: 'We Were Sucker-Punched'
- Under the Dome End Date Set, Series Finale to Air Sept. 10
- More From TVLine
- Jennifer Aniston Wears Nothing But a Towel in Georgia
- Emmy Rossum Is Engaged to 'Mr. Robot' Creator Sam Esmail -- See What He Said!
- If Kanye West Runs for President in 2020, Here Are 8 VP Candidates He Should Consider
- Katie Holmes Looks Dramatically Different While Holding a Gun in Chilling New On-Set Photo
- Julia Roberts Steps Out With Family -- See How Big Her Kids Have Grown!
- More From ET