The Sound of Young America, a public radio show and podcast about cool pop culture stuffs, will be taping live this Saturday in Santa Monica, California.
Why should I care about that?, you might ask.
Well ,if you're a fan of Veronica Mars, creator Rob Thomas will be there to chat with SOYA host Jesse Thorn, and tickets only cost ten bucks. Is ten bucks too much to pay to see Thomas, someone who provided you with hours of free entertainment? No, you cheap bastard, it isn't.
The Root of All Evil, a new pilot for Comedy Central starring Lewis Black and featuring comedians Patton Oswalt, Greg Giraldo, and Paul F. Tompkins (not Paul S. Tompkins, as this Craigslist ad reads) is taping tomorrow night in Los Angeles, so if you're in LA and looking for something to do, buy yourself some tickets, and then kick yourself for paying money for free tickets.
While these week-long tapings are fun for viewers, I'm partial to Conan's travels to truly foreign shores - Conan's adventures in Finland, his staffer's remote from a call center in India, etc. After San Francisco, I think it's time for another overseas outing. I'm thinking Thailand, Poland or another trip to Ireland. Or, maybe, that's my desired travel itinerary. Regardless, taking the late night host out of his element every now and again is never a bad idea.
Viewers can request tickets for the San Francisco tapings at Conan's website.
The conceit of the episode is that Christina only has a few hours to create a dress for a prominent celebrity, but a blizzard prevents her from the leaving the office for fabric. Fortunately, she's a crafty lady and, like Scarlett O'Hara, Carol Burnett and Julie Andrews before her, uses whatever is available to whip up a celeb-worthy creation.
WARNING: SPOILER AHEAD
I know, tough life, right? That's why I'm calling it the "Thursday from Heck" in the headline; after all, I'm watching TV and writing about it, which is much better than just about any other job I could have.
Anyway, Julia was nice enough to take the reviews for Ugly Betty off my hands, but I still have to review yet another dense and intense episode of Grey's Anatomy. But I've been so looking forward to seeing a new Scrubs, it hurts. So how am I going to negotiate my evening? I'll let you know after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Ranking the 13 Most Shocking Tribal Councils from Season 30
- 'The Flash': The 10 Most Villainous Moments of Season 1
- More From BuddyTV
- Wayward Pines Sneak Peek: Sheriff Pope Gives Ethan's Wife Some 'Help'
- Wet Hot American Summer First Look: The Camp Staff Reports for Duty
- A Very (Bill) Murray Christmas Special Ordered at Netflix — Watch the Teaser
- Red Nose Day on NBC: Best and Worst Moments
- Wayward Pines Recap: Rules Are Rules!
- More From TVLine
- Mark Your Calendars: A ‘Very Murray Christmas' Special Coming to Netflix!
- Jessica Simpson Celebrates 'Sexiest Day' of Her Life: Meeting Husband Eric Johnson
- 5 Funniest Red Nose Day Sketches with Hollywood's Biggest Stars
- Star Sightings May 2015
- Flavor Flav Arrested in Las Vegas on Suspicion of DUI
- More From ET