The Sound of Young America, a public radio show and podcast about cool pop culture stuffs, will be taping live this Saturday in Santa Monica, California.
Why should I care about that?, you might ask.
Well ,if you're a fan of Veronica Mars, creator Rob Thomas will be there to chat with SOYA host Jesse Thorn, and tickets only cost ten bucks. Is ten bucks too much to pay to see Thomas, someone who provided you with hours of free entertainment? No, you cheap bastard, it isn't.
The Root of All Evil, a new pilot for Comedy Central starring Lewis Black and featuring comedians Patton Oswalt, Greg Giraldo, and Paul F. Tompkins (not Paul S. Tompkins, as this Craigslist ad reads) is taping tomorrow night in Los Angeles, so if you're in LA and looking for something to do, buy yourself some tickets, and then kick yourself for paying money for free tickets.
While these week-long tapings are fun for viewers, I'm partial to Conan's travels to truly foreign shores - Conan's adventures in Finland, his staffer's remote from a call center in India, etc. After San Francisco, I think it's time for another overseas outing. I'm thinking Thailand, Poland or another trip to Ireland. Or, maybe, that's my desired travel itinerary. Regardless, taking the late night host out of his element every now and again is never a bad idea.
Viewers can request tickets for the San Francisco tapings at Conan's website.
The conceit of the episode is that Christina only has a few hours to create a dress for a prominent celebrity, but a blizzard prevents her from the leaving the office for fabric. Fortunately, she's a crafty lady and, like Scarlett O'Hara, Carol Burnett and Julie Andrews before her, uses whatever is available to whip up a celeb-worthy creation.
WARNING: SPOILER AHEAD
I know, tough life, right? That's why I'm calling it the "Thursday from Heck" in the headline; after all, I'm watching TV and writing about it, which is much better than just about any other job I could have.
Anyway, Julia was nice enough to take the reviews for Ugly Betty off my hands, but I still have to review yet another dense and intense episode of Grey's Anatomy. But I've been so looking forward to seeing a new Scrubs, it hurts. So how am I going to negotiate my evening? I'll let you know after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Gotham' Episode 7 Photos: Will Gordon Regret His Decision to Let Penguin Live?
- 'Bones' Episode 10.6 Photos: The Team Chases Goats for Evidence
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19: Week 6 Performance Rankings
- 'The Originals': The 16 Most Memorable Moments from 'Every Mother's Son'
- 'Castle': 23 Times Kids Stole the Show in 'Child's Play'
- More From BuddyTV
- The CW Grants Full-Season Orders to The Flash, Jane the Virgin
- The Bridge Cancelled at FX
- Parenthood Sneak Peek: Adam and Kristina Show Max What Love Is
- TVLine Items: Five-0's Latest Lost Reunion, Y&R Vet to B&B and More
- Person of Interest Video: Root Sheds Her Latest Persona... and Then Some
- More From TVLine
- Scott Foley: I Had to Google 'Eiffel Tower' After Reading the 'Scandal' Script
- Can You Guess This Emmy-Nominated Actress From Her Very First Acting Gig?
- Sarah Jessica Parker Busted For Shoe Shoot at Carrie Bradshaw's House
- Derick and Jill Duggar Dillard Reveal the Sex of Their Baby
- Singing Nun from Italy's 'The Voice' Takes on Madonna's 'Like a Virgin': Watch Now!
- More From ET