Justin, as anyone who follows the show knows, is already a theater fiend. In fact, Ugly Betty as a show has been very musical-friendly (kind of like Pushing Daisies was before ABC pulled the plug).
There was the terrific Wicked themed episode that included the song, "I'm Not that Girl," and another episode in which Justin was stuck on a subway with his parents and enacted "Good Morning, Baltimore" from Hairspray.
This is video (can't embed it, unfortunately) of Danyl Johnson's first performance on The X Factor. Simon Cowell actually called it the best first audition he's ever heard in almost nine years of doing judging. Really? The guy is definitely good, but I think 58% of it is the audience reaction and the background vocals.
[via TV Tattle]
Sissy Spacek is set to star in Pictures of Hollis Woods, a Hallmark Hall of Fame TV movie based on the book by Patricia Reilly Giff. The movie tells the story of Hollis Woods (Jodelle Ferland), an artistic twelve year old girl who is adopted by an art teacher, Josie (Spacek), who cares for Hollis. Josie's trouble with remembering things gets worse and worse until Hollis is faced with the task of caring for her. Alfre Woodward plays the social worker assigned to the young girl, who is taken from foster home to foster home before ending up with Josie.
Ann Peacock (The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe) wrote the screenplay. Tony Bill (Untamed Heart, Flyboys) will direct. The movie has been greenlit, though no premiere date was mentioned.
Spacek was last seen on television, I believe, in the TV movie Last Call, about the final days of writer F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Orel: Gee, Doughy, your parents really do love you after all. They give you money and they don't ever want anything in return, not even you.
This episode was written by former Mr. Show writer/performer Scott Aukerman, along with Neil Campbell and Paul Rust. It wasn't until about one third through the episode I realized this was the first episode that wasn't tethered to some kind of religious ideal. The only "religious" aspect occurred when Orel decided he had to ask his mother if it was morally acceptable for a woman to accept gifts from a man if she doesn't actually like him.
(S10E10) Towards the end of this episode, Kyle gives his younger brother Ike the most sound advice I think anyone can give a kid who's immersed in his very first crush:
Kyle: You need to have a life. Have fun. Then ruin it by having a serious relationship.
Once again jabbing recent headlines with its sharp satirical stick, tomorrow night's South Park will focus on an affair happening between a student and a teacher. In the episode, titled "Miss Teacher Bangs A Boy," Cartman is chosen to be Hall Monitor and becomes offended when he finds out the affair happened on his watch. And we all know how much Cartman hates it when we don't respect his authoritah. You can watch a very quick clip of the episode here. Also, check out the picture on the right with Cartman decked out like Dog the Bounty Hunter. Maybe Matt and Trey plan to weigh in on the current debacle surrounding the famed bounty hunter and his recent arrest. I haven't even seen this episode and I think I love it already.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 10 TV Characters Having a Terrible Summer 2015
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 10?
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Two Dancers Will Leave the Top 6?
- Which 'Bachelor' Alum is Joining Season 20?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Spoilers: Desperate Measures and a Surprise Wedding
- More From BuddyTV
- TNT Sets Premiere Dates for Legends, Librarians, Sharon Stone's Agent X
- Summer TV Winners & Losers: UnREAL, True Detective, Mr. Robot and More
- Tyrant Finale Sneak Peek: Who Inside the Palace Ratted Out Jamal?
- Tom Selleck's New Jesse Stone Movie Gets Premiere Date on Hallmark
- Mistresses Finale Sneak Peek: Joss Is Free, But Karen Gets... Banished?
- More From TVLine
- Lady Antebellum to 'Step Away' From the Spotlight 'For a Little While'
- 22 Questions We Have After Watching the 2015 MTV VMAs
- Blackish Season 2 Cast Gallery Exclusive First Look
- EXCLUSIVE: Sandra Bullock's Rumored New Man Bryan Randall Goes Shirtless, Shows Off Abs
- You Have to See Miley Cyrus' Reaction When Nicki Minaj Threw All That Shade
- More From ET