J.J. Abrams made Trek sexy again -- especially the original TV show from the 1960s. So Paramount and CBS put their marketing and licensing people to work. What did they come up with from just inside the Windsor Gate on Melrose?
The Vermont Teddy Bear Company is offering shorter, furrier versions of Captain James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock (right) for about $100 each. I've acquired one of these, and they're well made with a lot of attention to detail in their little uniforms.
Also, make sure you check out the Airwalk Terrain Hi Skate Star Trek StarFleet Edition sneakers from Payless. For $50, you get a really well-made urban sneaker that just happens to bear a Starfleet insignia. And they come in the departmental uniform colors of the original Enterprise crew -- gold, blue and red.
I don't know who you are, but your remote control sucks. I mean, seriously, just look at the thing. It's so cold, unfeeling and industrial. Where's the love? Where's the cuddly goodness? Wouldn't you enjoy your clicker a lot more if it looked and felt like a teddy bear? Well, thanks to this site, you can do that. At least, you can if you have a whole lot of time on your hands. I suppose it wouldn't have to be a teddy bear, you could turn any stuffed thing into a remote. And heck, it doesn't even have to be your TV remote. You could use a stuffed walrus to turn your stereo on, if that's what you're into.
[via Boing Boing]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'Sons of the Harpy'
- 'Revenge' Recap: Who Helped Victoria Frame Amanda?
- 'Mad Men' Recap: A Bumpy Transition and a Surprising Departure
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: A Blast from the Past Helps Alicia Decide her Future
- 'Battle Creek' Recap: A Fugitive Stays One Step Ahead
- More From BuddyTV
- Sofia Vergara on Moving Into a House With Joe Manganiello: 'It's Been Crazy'
- J.K. Rowling Tells Fans She's 'Really Sorry' for Killing Off a 'Harry Potter' Character
- Spice Girls Reunite for David Beckham's 40th Birthday Along With Eva Longoria
- Prince Records Song About Freddie Gray and Unrest in Baltimore
- 'Walking Dead' Star Chad L. Coleman Apologizes for Subway Rant
- More From ET