"I think he's very bright. As a matter of fact, brilliant," Mondale said about Obama. "And he uses these idiot boards to read speeches on television and I think he loses the connection that he needs emotionally with American voters."
"If you're looking at the teleprompter, you're here, you're here, you're here -- and your audience is right there," Mondale continued.
It should be pointed out that Ronald Reagan, who was famous for his ability to connect with voters, relied on a teleprompter almost as much as Obama does. Reagan also famously beat Mondale forty-nine states to one in the 1984 presidential election, so that might be where some of Mondale's disdain for "idiot boards" is coming from.
[via TV Newser]
One of my television guilty pleasures would have to be blooper shows. And my favorite bloopers are the news bloopers because 1) they're live, and 2) they involve something that is usually supposed to be so serious and controlled. This clip of Bill O'Reilly going ballistic isn't from a live broadcast, but it's still pretty great.
It's from his days as anchor of the syndicated tabloid show Inside Edition (he was anchor from 1988 to 1995). What's funny is that, even back then, when nine out of ten people you stopped on the street probably didn't have any idea who Bill O'Reilly was, it still looks like he was egotistical and ready to destroy anyone who disagreed with him or irritated him in any way. It's actually rather shocking, no matter how many times you watch, the moment where he goes from being really peeved to "oh my God he's going to kill the cameraman and the stage manager." I wonder how Sting feels about being the person who inadvertently set Bill off?
Full video after the jump! Looks like CBS forced them to take down the video. But trust us, it was funny.
Update: Here it is.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 15 Most Exciting New Shows of Summer 2015
- 'Game of Thrones': Does the High Sparrow Have Ulterior Motives?
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'The Gift'
- Britt Nilsson Still Dating 'Bachelorette' Suitor Brady Toops?
- 'RHOC' Star Vicki Gunvalson: 'I Don't Want to Look Like a Plastic Barbie Doll'
- More From BuddyTV
- Former Bunhead Emma Dumont Talks Coming of Age in NBC's Aquarius
- Ratings: Battle Creek Flat With Series Finale, NASCAR Dominates Night
- American Horror Story: Hotel's Latest Guest: New Girl's Max Greenfield
- Once's Merlin, Empire's Own Iggy, Arrow's Darhk Foe and 26 More Homes for Stars of Cancelled Shows
- GoT Recap: Royally Screwed
- More From TVLine
- Debby Ryan On Sexism in the Industry: 'I've Had a Hard Road'
- ET's Summer Reading List! 'The Girl on the Train,' 'Selfish' and Other Great Books!
- Celebrity Authors Encourage Readers to Be Comfortable In Their Own Skin
- Author Paula Hawkins Takes a Dark Turn: Read an Excerpt From 'The Girl on the Train'
- Chelsea Handler Gets Naked
- More From ET