Included on the list are the Letterman/Palin battle, the Aqua Teen Hunger Force bomb scare in Boston, the Smothers Brothers political controversy, the quiz show scandals, and a certain nipple that made a cameo appearance at a rather important sporting event.
Looking back on it now, how well do you remember your favorite kiddie shows?
Take our quiz and get in touch with your inner-child.
The conservative Polish government recently launched a probe to find out whether or not the children's show Teletubbies promotes a homosexual agenda. Much like the late Jerry Falwell, government appointee Ewa Sowinska is concerned that the show may have a negative effect on the children of Poland. Her concerns began when she "noticed (Tinky Winky) has a ladies purse, but (she) didn't realize he's a boy."
- On the cover: Borat!
- Take the poll: Which TV characters are so bad they're good? Included are Michael Scott (The Office), Edie (Desperate Housewives), Sawyer (Lost), and many others...including Dipsy from the Tele-Tubbies??
- Which little six year old girl just turned 50 and has a new TV show?
- Is it really fair to call Barbie the plastic Paris Hilton? I thought Paris Hilton was the plastic Paris Hilton?
- Last week I told you about Stephen King's essay about Nancy Grace. It's now online.
- DVD reviews: the fourth season of Scrubs gets an A-, while the 1996 TV version of Pride and Prejudice gets a B-.
- Book reviews: Simpsons veteran Harry Shearer has a new novel, and EW gives it a C. But they like Jeopardy champ Ken Jennings' book Brainiac. They give it a B+, and I'll second that. It's an interesting look at the world of trivia.