This probably isn't a shock to regular tennis fans, but USA's contract for the U.S. Open is up this year, after 25 years of carrying the two week tournament. Of course, TV fans don't have to worry, because ESPN and The Tennis Channel that will start airing the tournament next summer. I just hope that most of the coverage is on ESPN and ESPN2 because, well, I don't have The Tennis Channel.
Yes, for everyone who has been waiting for a network devoted to nothing but skiiing (I'm one to talk; if I had The Tennis Channel I'd watch it 24/7), this is your lucky day. Or, to be more exact, some day in 2008 will be your lucky day.
That's when The Ski Channel launches. It's a new network devoted to, um, skiiing. I can't tell if it's going to be a regular network or something else, because it is described as a "network with distribution on video-on-demand and multimedia platforms." OK.
I was wondering how they'll fill the time with just skiiing, but they have that covered. From the article:
So now what am I supposed to do? I'm not as into the French Open as I am other tournaments (I'm more of a U.S. Open/Wimbledon man), but I like to watch some of the ESPN coverage of the event. But now the tennis tournament will be seen on The Tennis Channel, the premium sports channel that reaches about 10 million homes (though NBC will still carry the semis and finals).
Does anyone out there have The Tennis Channel? What's it like?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 21 Touching and Frightening Moments from 'Greensleeves'
- 'Criminal Minds' Recap: Bugging Out
- 'The 100' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Welcome to Mount Weather
- 'Arrow' Recap: Oliver Brings Thea Home
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' Recap: A Tribal Switch Pits Couples Against Singles
- More From BuddyTV
- S Club 7 Makes Our Dreams Come True With Reunion News
- Oscar De La Renta: Inside His World
- Taylor Swift Reveals '1989' Tracklist (and We Guess Who Each Song Is About)
- Former Crisis Manager: Teresa Giudice a 'Mess,' Worse Than Chris Brown
- Calvin Klein's New Model Opens Up About Battling Her Weight Obsession
- More From ET