This probably isn't a shock to regular tennis fans, but USA's contract for the U.S. Open is up this year, after 25 years of carrying the two week tournament. Of course, TV fans don't have to worry, because ESPN and The Tennis Channel that will start airing the tournament next summer. I just hope that most of the coverage is on ESPN and ESPN2 because, well, I don't have The Tennis Channel.
Yes, for everyone who has been waiting for a network devoted to nothing but skiiing (I'm one to talk; if I had The Tennis Channel I'd watch it 24/7), this is your lucky day. Or, to be more exact, some day in 2008 will be your lucky day.
That's when The Ski Channel launches. It's a new network devoted to, um, skiiing. I can't tell if it's going to be a regular network or something else, because it is described as a "network with distribution on video-on-demand and multimedia platforms." OK.
I was wondering how they'll fill the time with just skiiing, but they have that covered. From the article:
So now what am I supposed to do? I'm not as into the French Open as I am other tournaments (I'm more of a U.S. Open/Wimbledon man), but I like to watch some of the ESPN coverage of the event. But now the tennis tournament will be seen on The Tennis Channel, the premium sports channel that reaches about 10 million homes (though NBC will still carry the semis and finals).
Does anyone out there have The Tennis Channel? What's it like?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Post Mortem: White Collar Boss on Neal's Last Con, Alternate Ending
- Parenthood Creator Jason Katims Confirms Series Finale Airdate, Title
- Vampire Diaries: Ian Somerhalder to Direct Season 6 Episode
- American Horror Story Sneak Peek: Watch Neil Patrick Harris' Bloody Debut
- New Girl Casts Nasim Pedrad as Winston's Training Officer
- More From TVLine
- 'American Horror Story': Neil Patrick Harris Arrives at the Freak Show
- 6 Celebs Who Burned Through All Their Good Will in 2014
- Miley Cyrus Slams Pregnancy and Drug Abuse Rumors
- Ashlee Simpson Reportedly Expecting First Child With Evan Ross
- Ben McKenzie is 'Great in Bed,' Uses Fluffy Pink Handcuffs
- More From ET