thanksgiving day parade
Another year, come and gone. (Sniff, sniff)
We're thankful for a great many things (especially certain TV shows), and one of those things is the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Did you miss the show this year? If so, we have a slideshow of your favorite pop culture balloons that floated through Manhattan.
From Spongebob to Kermit, we've got you covered. We even have the Mighty Morphin Samurai Rangers. Yep, they're a thing now.
It will not be a typical Jenna floppola, either. It's a song being written by the Emmy nominated team of Wesley Whatley and William Schermerhorn. And in case you don't know, Jane's a Tony-winning star who is not only hilarious as Jenna, but a really fine singer/dancer/actress.
That's not all. Alan Cumming is also set to perform in the parade, and it sounds like a doozy, too. He'll sing the Sinatra classic, "That's Life" on the M&M float. What the song, Cumming and Sinatra have to do with M&M candies is anyone's guess.
On October 31, the Glee cast will sing the National Anthem at the World Series. That's game three, and it'll be a chance for the singers to put their own unique spin on "The Star Spangled Banner."
I know everyone was really busy yesterday, cooking and rushing around, but I was wondering if anyone still watches the annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? I have no idea what the ratings are for the show every year, though I wouldn't be surprised if they are pretty good, considering there isn't anything else on the networks at that time.
I'm not a parade person at all. I can't stand, well, standing there waiting for marching bands and people in funny costumes go by (I've never seen the Macy's parade, I mean parades in general). Yesterday the weather was pretty bad in New York City: windy, rainy, raw, but the crowds still came out to watch the parade go by. Besides not liking parades, the one thing I hate about TV coverage of parades is the inane banter that the hosts do, and the info they're obvivously reading off of cards. Drives me nuts. TV Newser reports that Meredith Vieira might have gone a little bit overboard during her first year of covering the event.
I like the idea of the Macy's Day Parade, and the spectacle and the gala and the tradition, and I'm glad people like it so much they have it every year. But I can't watch it. How about you?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The History of Witches on 'Supernatural'
- 'The Walking Dead': 17 Signs Humanity Remains from 'Crossed'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Predictions: Who Will Be the Final 3?
- Caroline Manzo Returning to 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey'
- 'The Good Wife' Mid-Season Finale Recap: Does Cary Take the Plea Deal?
- More From BuddyTV
- True Detective: Rachel McAdams and Season 2 Character Details Confirmed
- Pilot Scoop: Michael Stahl-David to Star in TNT's '70s Drug Drama
- Emily Wickersham Talks NCIS Holiday Drama, Gibbs' Big Reveal to Bishop
- Ratings: AMAs Slip, Football Pops, Mulaney Down, Madam Sec'y Eyes Gain
- The Originals Scoop: Will the Holidays Bring Hayley and Elijah Back Together?
- More From TVLine
- 'Mom' Stars Anna Faris and Allison Janney Celebrate Their Birthdays with a Pie Fight!
- Awesome 7-Year-Old to Toy Companies: Girls Like Superheroes Too!
- Russell Brand Takes on Justin Bieber & the Media in Exclusive Clip
- Snooki Turns 27 at Extravagant Wedding Rehearsal
- Katie Holmes Reveals Suri's Surprising Christmas List
- More From ET