thanksgiving day parade
Another year, come and gone. (Sniff, sniff)
We're thankful for a great many things (especially certain TV shows), and one of those things is the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Did you miss the show this year? If so, we have a slideshow of your favorite pop culture balloons that floated through Manhattan.
From Spongebob to Kermit, we've got you covered. We even have the Mighty Morphin Samurai Rangers. Yep, they're a thing now.
It will not be a typical Jenna floppola, either. It's a song being written by the Emmy nominated team of Wesley Whatley and William Schermerhorn. And in case you don't know, Jane's a Tony-winning star who is not only hilarious as Jenna, but a really fine singer/dancer/actress.
That's not all. Alan Cumming is also set to perform in the parade, and it sounds like a doozy, too. He'll sing the Sinatra classic, "That's Life" on the M&M float. What the song, Cumming and Sinatra have to do with M&M candies is anyone's guess.
On October 31, the Glee cast will sing the National Anthem at the World Series. That's game three, and it'll be a chance for the singers to put their own unique spin on "The Star Spangled Banner."
I know everyone was really busy yesterday, cooking and rushing around, but I was wondering if anyone still watches the annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? I have no idea what the ratings are for the show every year, though I wouldn't be surprised if they are pretty good, considering there isn't anything else on the networks at that time.
I'm not a parade person at all. I can't stand, well, standing there waiting for marching bands and people in funny costumes go by (I've never seen the Macy's parade, I mean parades in general). Yesterday the weather was pretty bad in New York City: windy, rainy, raw, but the crowds still came out to watch the parade go by. Besides not liking parades, the one thing I hate about TV coverage of parades is the inane banter that the hosts do, and the info they're obvivously reading off of cards. Drives me nuts. TV Newser reports that Meredith Vieira might have gone a little bit overboard during her first year of covering the event.
I like the idea of the Macy's Day Parade, and the spectacle and the gala and the tradition, and I'm glad people like it so much they have it every year. But I can't watch it. How about you?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 5
- 'The Bachelorette' Where Are They Now?: A Relationship Status Update
- Why 'BoJack Horseman' Is the Best Netflix Original You're Not Watching
- 'Bachelorette' Runner-Up Nick Viall: ' I Think Shawn Really Enjoys My Misfortune'
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: The House Flips and New Targets Emerge
- More From BuddyTV
- Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce Adds Abby's Parents in Season 2
- Cosby Show Legacy 'Kind of Tarnished' By Bill Cosby Sex Scandal, Says EP
- Secrets and Lies: Jordana Brewster, Charlie Barnett Join Season 2
- Pretty Little Liars Sneak Peek: Caleb Bails on Hanna Right Before Prom
- TVLine Items: Yvonne Strahovski in Amazon Pilot, New Arrow Foe and More
- More From TVLine
- Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake Happily Step Out Together for the First Time Since Birth of Baby Silas
- Mark Zuckerberg Expecting First Child With Wife Priscilla Chan -- Read His Emotional Facebook Post
- Why Gigi Hadid Is Glad to Work in the Age of Twitter and Instagram
- FLASHBACK: An 18-Year-Old Ashlee Simpson Teases Jessica Simpson About Motherhood
- The Internet Is Not Impressed With Meek Mill's Drake Diss Track
- More From ET