Fox Orders More 'Napoleon Dynamite' & 'Allen Gregory,' 'Torchwood' Gets Good Start on Starz & More TV News
According to Vulture, 'Gregory' received an order for six new scripts and 'Dynamite' got seven.
More script orders could happen this fall if Fox continues to like what it sees.
Look for 'Gregory' to premiere Oct. 30 after 'The Simpsons' traditional 'Treehouse of Horror' special. 'Dynamite' is set for mid-season.
In other TV news ...
But let's face it: for a lot of people, it's also about the sexy celebs in fabulous clothes. When it comes to women on TV, wardrobe may not make the character, but it does make her more interesting. It doesn't matter if the lady never wears the same thing twice or never changes clothes -- we've got both represented here -- it's the style that adds substance.
From hip-hugging chic to hippie chic, eclectic couture and housewives demure, we came up with a definitive list of some of our favorite fashionable ladies in TV history.
Did yours make the cut, or was she out-dressed? Sound off in the comments.
The actress says she often gets recognized as "that girl" from 'Friday Night Lights' or 'Lost.' But fans of her role as madam Joanie Stubbs from the profanity-laden David Milch drama 'Deadwood' tend to be the most colorful.
"I definitely get a lot of quotes" from devotees of the profanity-laden drama, Dickens says. "And some of them, of course, are littered with curse words. That's always fun."
"I was waiting in line at a restaurant, and this group of people walk out, and this woman says to me, 'We love Joanie Stubbs,' and I was like 'Oh, thank you so much,'" the actress recalls. The woman walked out, "and her husband came through, and he goes, 'It's nippy on my twat!'" she laughs, quoting one of her character's lines on the show.
As usual, it's a list that will get the debate going. Shows that without a doubt deserve to be on the list: The Twilight Zone, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Star Trek, The Andy Griffith Show, I Spy, and Bewitched.
Shows that without a doubt don't belong on the list: The Flying Nun, Hogan's Heroes, and The Mod Squad. Sure, I enjoyed those shows when I was younger, but I really don't think they belong in the "best" category (I'll let you debate another show on the list, Batman - great or just "campy" great?)
Viewers were also into grittier fare like realistic cop dramas ('Ironside,' 'Adam-12') and war action series ('12 O'Clock High,' 'Combat!'), though there was plenty of classic sitcom fun on the airwaves, too, from 'The Andy Griffith Show' and 'The Dick Van Dyke Show' to 'Get Smart' and 'My Three Sons.'
Take a look at our picks of the decade's best and let us know if we got it right. -- By Kimberly Potts
If you blinked last year, you probably missed NBC's Crusoe. It's now on DVD, and it's one of those "season one" sets that also serves as a "complete series" sets.
If you're an October Road fan, the season two set contains a 10 minute bonus episode that acts as the series-ender. It would be great if more shows did that when they're canceled.
- The Adventures of Black Beauty - Series 1
- Bleak House - Special Edition and Blu-ray
- Boston Legal - Season 5
- Crusoe - Complete Series
- Dexter - Season 2 (Blu-ray)
- Doctor Who - E-Space Trilogy and Battlefield
- Earth: Final Conflict - Season 1
Another syndicated-writer show is on DVD for the first time tomorrow too: Dave's World, the sitcom starring Harry Anderson that was based on the life and columns of Dave Barry. I miss Harry Anderson.
- Caroline in the City - Season 1
- Dave's World - Season 1
- Kenny vs. Spenny - Season 4
- The Love Boat - Season 1, Vol. 2
- Naruto - Uncut Box Set 9
- Prison Break - Season 3
- South Park - Season 11
- The Superman/Aquaman Adventure Hour - DC Superheroes: Filmation Adventures
- That Girl - Season 4
- Tom and Jerry Tales - Season 5
- Tru Calling - Complete Series
- The Wire - Season 5
Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
- The 4400 - Season 4
- Acapulco H.E.A.T. - Complete Series
- 'Allo 'Allo - Series 8
- Avatar The Last Airbender - Book 3 Fire, Vol. 3
- Bewitched - Season 6 (color)
- Crossing Jordan - Season 1
- Greg the Bunny - Best of the Film Parodies: Vol. 2
- A Haunting - Hauntings in America
- Hiya Kids! A 50's Saturday Morning Box
- The Jack Benny Show - The Jack Benny Show
- Madeline - Next Stop America
- Man vs. Wild - Collection 1
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie (widescreen)
- Naruto - Uncut Boxed Set Vol. 7 (special edition)
- Punky Brewster - Season 1, Vol. 1
- Sgt. Preston of the Yukon - Best Of
- Speed Racer: The Next Generation - Vol. 1
- Spider-Man - Mutant Agenda
- That Girl - Season 1, Vol. 1
- Still no deal to have Letterman come back with everyone else in early January.
- What's it like to ride the subway with Anderson Cooper?
- Entertainment Weekly picks the Best and Worst TV of 2007.
- Michael Ausiello has a
FestivusChristmas Wish List too.
- Former NBC newsman John Hockenberry is not happy with his former network.
- Who would win in a fight, Charlie's Angels or The Three Stooges?
- Did you know they once made animated versions of Lost in Space and That Girl?
- Remember Apple TV?
Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
- 8 Simple Rules... - Season 1
- The Adventures of Jim Bowie - Complete Series
- Charlie Lola - Vol. 5
- Daniel Boone - Season 5
- Darkwing Duck - Vol. 2
- The Dresden Files - Season 1
- Full House - Season 7
- The Hills - Season 2
- Home Improvement - Season 7
- Inside The Actor's Studio - Barbra Streisand
- The Muppet Show - Season 2
- Rome - Season 2
- Roseanne - Season 8
- Saved By The Bell - Hawaiian Style and Wedding in Las Vegas movies
- The Simpsons - Season 10
- Soul Food - Season 2
- The Suite Life of Zack & Cody - Vol. 2
- Superfriends: The Legendary Super Powers Show - Complete Series
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Season 5
- That Girl - Season 3
- The Tick - Season 2
Oh man, does this bring back memories. My fellow Gen Xers surely remember the album and television special Free to Be You and Me, featuring a ton of stars, including Marlo Thomas (who produced the special), Mel Brooks, Alan Alda, Harry Belafonte, Shel Silverstein and many others. My sister and I used to listen to that album all the time, and hearing that title song again brought back a lot of memories.
Right now you can watch the complete TV special on TVLand.com, along with full episodes of That Girl. The series, along with the Emmy-awarding winning Free To Be You and Me special, will air as part of a 48-hour marathon the weekend of December 9. I'm going to watch the special now, since I didn't even know until recently there even was a TV special, I always thought it was just the record album. I guess I was too engrossed in our little Fisher-Price record player to pay attention.
- The Adventures of Superman - Seasons 5 and 6
- The Bugs Bunny/Loony Tunes Hour - Golden Collection, Vol. 4
- CSI - Season 6
- Columbo - Seasons 6 and 7
- DuckTales - Vol. 2
- Family Guy - Vol. 4
- Friends - Complete Series
- Get Smart - Complete Series
- Home Improvement - Season 5
- Homicide - Complete Series
- Lois & Clark - Season 4
- NCIS - Season 2
- Northern Exposure - Season 5
- Quantum Leap - Season 5
- Reba - Season 4
- Six Feet Under - Complete Series
- That Girl - Season 2
- Third Rock From The Sun - Season 6
- Beat Club - Volume 1; Volume 2
- The Big Valley - Season 1
- Grounded for Life - Season 2
- Here Come the Brides - The Complete 1st Season
- Hill Street Blues - The Complete 2nd Season
- Home Movies - Season 4
- Monarch of the Glen - Series 4
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 - Collection: Volume 9
- Supernanny - Season 1
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Volume 21: Hun On The Run
- That Girl - Season 1
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- You're the Worst Finale Post Mortem: EP Talks Gretchen's Major Move, Downplays Lindsay's Big D
- Satisfaction Finale Post Mortem: EP Addresses Cliffhanger Concerns, Reveals Ideas for Season 2
- Rush Finale Recap: Very Bad Medicine
- TNT Orders 1970s-Set 'Cocaine' Pilot From Jerry Bruckheimer, Michael Bay
- Castle's Season 7 Premiere: 12 Teasers
- More From TVLine
- Gerard Depardieu Says He Can Drink Dozens Of Bottles Of Wine Each Day
- Madonna's Sexy Calendar Tease Raises A Number Of Confounding Questions
- 8 Reasons We Should've Known Iggy Azalea Was A Ghost All Along
- Could Melissa Rivers Bring a Lawsuit Against Joan's Doctors?
- Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea Bare Their 'Booty' – Finally!
- More From ET