the late show
He's young here (it was 41 years ago!), but you can already see his style of humor in place. Not sure why it sounds so echo-y and metallic. That's either because of the age of the audio or perhaps that's what it sounded like on AM radio back then. The Internet Archive has more info about the show, and according to them, the woman that Dave calls is his then-wife Michelle.
[via Pop Candy]
You can probably guess the answer. He says that he even though he likes both Leno and Letterman, he "doesn't feel any allegiance to Jay" and he "never left on bad terms with Letterman." Hall started his career on Letterman's old Late Night show at NBC. He says that no one at Leno's show has called him about what's going on in the late show wars and that he didn't do it to "get" Jay, he just thought it was a funny comedy bit. He did a second one that's going to air soon.
[via TV Tattle]
What I love about it is not only how they point out what Leno took from other shows for The Tonight Show, but they got ex-Tonight Show announcer Edd Hall to do the voiceover!
More of our best of the decade coverage, which started on Tuesday. You can read the other posts at the link above. Here, we talk about the funniest or most surprising late night moments of the last ten years.
In the past decade, late night shows continued to bloom in popularity. However, some of our favorite late night shows were shuffled around while some got new hosts.
No matter what network executives decided to do to the line up of US late night shows, their hosts and guest stars gave us plenty fantastic, OMG!, and WTF? moments that generated tons of watercooler talks and forum discussion threads.
Below are some of the best late night moments of the past decade as chosen by some of the TV Squad bloggers. We realize there are tough choices in this category, so we hope you'll add your own favorites in the comments section below.
By the way, Thomas didn't even get to throw a football last night. Dave knocked the meatball off before he could even get a football in his hands. [Watch clips and episodes of The Late Show and other shows at SlashControl.]
He's not sure which network the special is on this year (and he calls it It's A Charlie Brown Christmas), but animated Dave is amusing. They should make a web series featuring him. [Watch clips and episodes of The Late Show and other shows at SlashControl.]
Every year at Christmas time except in 2007 because of the Writer's Guild Strike, the actor and comedian goes to David Letterman's Late Show to help Dave knock the meatball off the Christmas tree and tell the greatest showbiz story I've ever heard in my life. If you don't want to spoil the story for you and your family when he returns to the Late Show on Wednesday, go ahead and watch it anyway. It will STILL be just as funny. I've heard it a thousand times and Thomas' style and delivery just makes it funnier.
It was the Late Show Christmas tree, to be precise. Guess they'll have to redo the whole thing now. (By the way, that cupcake costs $25,000.) [Watch clips and episodes of The Late Show and other shows at SlashControl.]
What's funny is that most of the tweets from the Late Show Twitter account are just basic "here's who's on the show tonight" type posts and links to show video, and then yesterday the tweets suddenly changed to shorter, more odd posts. Dave tweeted "Do you smell veal and peppers?" and "I'm making toast!" (Dave likes jokes about food and drink.) He also asked "I like Barbara. Do you?" in reference to last night's guest Barbara Walters (who is on Twitter herself).
Last night, David Letterman had a list of the top ten excuses the pilots made. [Watch clips and episodes of The Late Show at SlashControl.]
He also talked about his love for Las Vegas and Jerry Lewis. They don't do the split screen right though. Shouldn't they be looking straight ahead instead of at each other?
[Watch clips and episodes of Jimmy Kimmel Live and other shows at SlashControl.]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Aquarius' Official Cast and Premiere Photos
- 'MasterChef': Surprise! Your Kitchen Comes Back to Haunt You
- 'Orphan Black' Episode 3.7 Photos: Will Alison Win the Election for School Trustee?
- Summer 2015's Sexiest Stars: TV's Hottest Women
- 5 Juicy Tidbits Andy Cohen Wants You to Know About 'The Real Housewives'
- More From BuddyTV
- CBS' Briefcase Premiere: Did We Just See the Only 'Acceptable' Outcome?
- Smash's Broadway Event Expands! Who's Joining Ellis (!) in Bombshell?
- Golan the Insatiable Sneak Peek: Rob Riggle, Aubrey Plaza Preview Their Twisted Monster-Child Friendship
- Denise Richards Going Full Cougar for New CW Comedy Significant Mother
- Longmire Season 4: Ally Walker Lands Mystery Role, as Series Heads to Netflix
- More From TVLine
- The Studs of Summer: Hollywood's Hottest Hunks and Their Big Blockbusters
- Kylie Jenner Slams Pregnancy Rumors (Again)
- Chris Pine Might Play Wonder Woman's Love Interest and Here's Why We're Excited!
- Miley Cyrus 'Accidentally' Flashes a Nipple on Instagram
- UPDATED: Josh Duggar Molestation Allegations: A Timeline of Events
- More From ET