the rockford files
Our list of the best shows of the '70s features many of the best shows of all time (here's looking at you, 'Mary Tyler Moore Show,' 'M*A*S*H' and 'Taxi'). Take a gander and let us know if you agree.
But AOL TV's picks of the top TV dramas include the most brilliant doctors and lawyers, the angst-iest teens, sci-fi series that transcend their genre molds, family dramas that both warm and break your heart, terrorist- and mobster-fighting heroes ... and a show that combined the best of family and gangster drama into one unforgettable series.
Click through to see all 50 of the best TV dramas of all time.
Today's the day Moonlight fans go crazy. A complete series set! I'm surprised I haven't bought any of the Rockford Files DVDs since it was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid, but it's just something I haven't gotten around to yet.
As for The Girls of Little House on the Prairie, well, that sounds kinda dirty.
- Criss Angel Mindfreak - Season 4
- Emergency - Season 5
- George Wallace - Special Edition Miniseries
- Jonathan Creek - Season 3
- The Last Detective - Complete Collection
- Little House on the Prairie - The Girls Of, Vols. 1 and 2
- MI-5 - Vol. 6
- MonsterQuest - Season 2
- Moonlight - Complete Series
- My Three Sons - Season 1, Vol. 2
- The Powerpuff Girls - Complete Collector's Set
- The Rockford Files - Season 6
- This American Life - Season 2 (Borders stores only)
Paste has the latest list, their 40 best TV theme songs of all-time. Oh, we could talk about this for hours (and we probably will), but there are four thoughts that come immediately to mind after reading all 40 choices:
Newark Star-Ledger columnist Alan Sepinwall (with Dan Feinberg) did an interview with David recently and found out some more information about the spinoff.
"We brought in a character, partway through the year, [actor] Michael Weston as this private investigator House goes to. The spinoff would be less of a spinoff, it would be more us using House to launch it. It would be an independent world. A character out of the House mold, but definitely different."
It's not often that two people are so connected in these TV obituary roundup posts I do every week or so, but these two people are worth mentioning in the same post.
Alexander Courage, who composed the theme song for the original Star Trek series, died on May 15 at age 88. He also did music for episodes of many other series, including Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, The Waltons, Lost in Space, Land of the Giants, The Loner, Eight is Enough, Daniel Boone, Riverboat, and many others. He was also an orchestrator on several movies, including L.A. Confidential, The Haunting, The Mummy, First Knight, The Shadow, Rudy, Malice, Hook, Sleeping with the Enemy, The Poseidon Adventure, Hello Dolly, My Fair Lady, Guys and Dolls, and a ton of others.
But Courage wasn't the only Star Trek figure to pass away that week...
Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
- Alex Haley's Queen - Complete Miniseries
- All Creatures Great and Small - The Complete Collection
- Allo' Allo - Series 7
- Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown - Remastered Deluxe Edition
- Criss Angel Mindfreak - Season 3
- Extras - Complete Series
- Family Guy - Blue Harvest
- The New Adventures of Old Christine - Season 1
- The Rockford Files - Season 5
- Sabrina, The Teenage Witch - Season 3
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Top 18 Performance Rankings
- The Final Rose: Kaitlyn and Shawn's Fairytale Journey on 'The Bachelorette'
- Best 'Pretty Little Liars' Quotes from 'FrAmed'
- 'MasterChef' Interview: Prowling the Kitchen with Stephen Lee
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 11 Finale Photos: Kaitlyn Says Yes!
- More From BuddyTV
- John Legend Replaces Kanye West as Underground's Music Supervisor
- Unauthorized Full House Story: First Clip Pits 'Stamos' Against the Twins
- Jason Sudeikis Fronts Semi-Animated Fox Pilot From Lego Movie Duo
- Scream Renewed for Season 2
- More From TVLine
- Miranda Lambert Is Makeup-Free and Quoting Beyonce in Post-Divorce Pic
- Lori Loughlin Celebrates Her 51st Birthday on the 'Fuller House' Set
- Earl the Grumpy Puppy Makes Grumpy Cat Look Like An Optimistic Ball of Sunshine
- Streaming in August: Billy Eichner's Scripted Series, ‘Birdman' & 4 More Top Picks
- Sarah Michelle Gellar's Daughter Has Her 'Buffy' Skills! See Charlotte's 'Bully Proof' Moves!
- More From ET