the adventures of pete and pete
To honor the arrival of the greatest season of all, AOL TV rounded up a list of our absolute favorite summer TV episodes -- the ones that remind you of the beach, of fireworks or of hanging out with friends.
Though we encourage you to spend your holiday weekend outside, preferably grilling and/or swimming, marathoning these summer-themed TV episodes indoors with the AC on full blast is an acceptable alternative. After the jump, AOL TV's list of our favorite quintessentially summer TV episodes.
In response, TeenNick has announced that it will start airing those beloved series from midnight to 2AM this fall in a new programing block called 'The '90s Are All That,' Entertainment Weekly reports. Hey, cool!
Among the high-quality shows included are 'Clarissa Explains It All,' 'The Adventures of Pete & Pete,' 'All That,' 'Kenan & Kel' and 'The Amanda Show.'
"At the time, we were completely devoted to that audience ages 9, 10 and 11," TeenNick general manager and senior vice president Keith Dawkins told Entertainment Weekly. "It was ground-breaking and for the young viewers, a powerful and pivotal time in their lives. Those kids who are now 22, 23 and 24 want to bring that back."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Bones Enlists 24's Kim Raver to Find an MIA Booth — FIRST LOOK
- Marvel's Agent Carter Season 2 First Look: Who's the (New) Boss?
- Hand of God: 5 Things to Know About Amazon's Dark Look at Faith
- Ratings: Carmichael Rises, Extant Dips
- Bloodline Season 2: Birdman Actress Joins Cast as New Series Regular
- More From TVLine
- Anne Hathaway, 32, on Losing Roles to Younger Actresses: 'Why Did That 24-Year-Old Get That Part?'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Ellen Pompeo Gets Naked and Is Moving on After McDreamy's Death!
- Ariana Grande Tweets, Then Deletes, Details About Her New Album
- Idris Elba Has the Perfect Response to Being Called 'Too Street' to Play James Bond
- More From ET