July 30, 2015
the boys in the bar
by Keith McDuffee, posted Jul 8th 2008 1:04PM
One of our writers, Bob Sassone, introduced me to Ken Levine's blog a couple of years ago. Within a couple of weeks I had his RSS feed in my "Must Always Read" category, and there it remains.
If you don't know who Ken Levine is, if you're any sort of fan of television, it's likely you've seen something he's written: His credits include 36 episodes of Cheers, 16 episodes of M*A*S*H, seven episodes of Frasier, seven episodes of Becker, four episodes of Wings, two episodes of The Simpsons ... and a partridge in a pear tree. In short, the man knows how to write; he's won an Emmy for his writing and even sometimes offers a highly-regarded course on comedy writing, called The Sitcom Room.
Levine's blog is filled with stories from his days with the aforementioned shows, and they're sometimes hilarious, always fascinating. As a friend of TV Squad, and to celebrate the all-things Cheers week of Retro Squad, he's taken the time out to share a new story below. Enjoy!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Good Wife's Archie Panjabi Collars Brooklyn Nine-Nine Guest Stint
- Jessie Spinoff Sneak Peek: BUNK'D Forces the Rich Ross Kids to Rough It
- Exorcism: Live! Is Coming to Your TV
- Ratings: Big Brother Tops Night, Extant Holds Steady
- Throwback Thursday: 12 Memorable Sons of Anarchy Episodes to Revisit
- More From TVLine
- Why Do Strong Female Characters in 'Mission: Impossible' Movies Keep Disappearing?
- Khloe Kardashian Explains Why She's Never Gotten a Boob Job — But Wants One
- Kelly Ripa Breaks Her Foot at Dance Class: It 'Sounded Like Bubble Wrap'
- Star Sightings July 2015
- EXCLUSIVE: Valerie Harper Rushed to Hospital, 'It Doesn't Look Good,' Source Says
- More From ET