the da vinci code
The untitled project has Brian Singer (The Triangle) attached. but we don't really know much more about it. Let's ask Brian. "Our story will explore whether we are truly alone in the universe, and other related mysteries, all of which are set against the backdrop of an incredibly exciting and fast-paced adventure." Ah, well that clears that up. Thanks.
Considering how The Triangle turned out, I'm thinking we're going to find out the Mayans were actually an ancient alien race that came to our planet long ago, but went into hiding as the Harlem Globetrotters. In our hour of greatest need, they will reveal themselves and perform basketball stunts to warm the world's hearts. We'll chuck our nuclear arsenals into the deepest reaches of space and sing "We Are the World" with our new friends!
(S31E18) There was a lot to like about this episode, but there was a lot that should never seen the light of day too. For Hanks' eighth outing at SNL host, I would have expected a bit more. We've already seen so much this season with episodes from other classic hosts like Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin, that I was hoping maybe we'd get cameos from some of them. Another one of those "welcome to the club" sketches would have been funny... with those fez hats, cigars, and smoking jackets. Oh well, like I said, there was still plenty to like.
Cold Open - Politically charged as usual, the show opened with Bush and Cheney chit-chatting and discussing the current state of oil reserves and gasoline prices. Tom Hanks (as Senator Bill Frist) then shows up to tell the President about his new plan since his recent idea for a $100 gas rebate for all Americans did nothing except what the President described as "eat it." The entire conversation then evolved into some kind of infomercial where Frist was selling his new plan to Bush. As a token of the Government's thanks for allowing the drilling in Alaska, all Americans would now get $120, a free vacation to Busch Gardens, and two free Wonder Mops. Sounds like a deal to me... well maybe I'd do it if there were two re-fill shammies to come with the mops. What's that? There are two shammies? Sign me up!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Suits Quotes from Season 4 Finale 'Not Just a Pretty Face'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Episode 5.24 Photos: The End of Alison's Trial Brings a Surprise Witness
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Meet Blake Shelton's Team
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Meet Christina Aguilera's Team
- 'Arrow': Will a Main Character Die in Season 3?
- More From BuddyTV
- Nashville Recap: Happily Never After
- Post Mortem: Suits Boss on Donna's Surprise Move, Harvey's 'Emotional Block' and Mike and Rachel's [Spoiler]
- The 100 Recap: 'It Can't Be Over'
- Empire Post Mortem: Trai Byers on That Explosive Elevator Scene, Bipolar Stigma and Rhonda's 'Betrayal'
- American Idol Top 8 Guys Recap: W(ednesday's) T(errible) F(allout)
- More From TVLine
- ‘Empire' Episode 9 Recap: The Lyon's Share
- What Fueled Lisa Rinna's 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Blow-Up?
- Celebrity Spokeswomen & the $40 Billion Weight-Loss Industry
- 'The Avengers' Super Dads Hemsworth, Downey Jr. and Ruffalo Reveal Their Secrets!
- Willow Smith Wants to Get Dreads and Learn Martial Arts
- More From ET