the da vinci code
The untitled project has Brian Singer (The Triangle) attached. but we don't really know much more about it. Let's ask Brian. "Our story will explore whether we are truly alone in the universe, and other related mysteries, all of which are set against the backdrop of an incredibly exciting and fast-paced adventure." Ah, well that clears that up. Thanks.
Considering how The Triangle turned out, I'm thinking we're going to find out the Mayans were actually an ancient alien race that came to our planet long ago, but went into hiding as the Harlem Globetrotters. In our hour of greatest need, they will reveal themselves and perform basketball stunts to warm the world's hearts. We'll chuck our nuclear arsenals into the deepest reaches of space and sing "We Are the World" with our new friends!
(S31E18) There was a lot to like about this episode, but there was a lot that should never seen the light of day too. For Hanks' eighth outing at SNL host, I would have expected a bit more. We've already seen so much this season with episodes from other classic hosts like Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin, that I was hoping maybe we'd get cameos from some of them. Another one of those "welcome to the club" sketches would have been funny... with those fez hats, cigars, and smoking jackets. Oh well, like I said, there was still plenty to like.
Cold Open - Politically charged as usual, the show opened with Bush and Cheney chit-chatting and discussing the current state of oil reserves and gasoline prices. Tom Hanks (as Senator Bill Frist) then shows up to tell the President about his new plan since his recent idea for a $100 gas rebate for all Americans did nothing except what the President described as "eat it." The entire conversation then evolved into some kind of infomercial where Frist was selling his new plan to Bush. As a token of the Government's thanks for allowing the drilling in Alaska, all Americans would now get $120, a free vacation to Busch Gardens, and two free Wonder Mops. Sounds like a deal to me... well maybe I'd do it if there were two re-fill shammies to come with the mops. What's that? There are two shammies? Sign me up!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Needy Briefcase Family Once Featured on TLC's Outrageous Parties (Video)
- Gotham Season 2: Nicholas D'Agosto Promoted to Series Regular
- Cheerleader Death Squad: CW Drama Could Live On In 'Different Form'
- Grease: Live Adds Keke Palmer as Marty
- TVLine Items: Hulu Drops Duggars, Urban Cowboy Series and More
- More From TVLine
- Taylor Swift Has Lunch With Her Boys Calvin Harris & Ed Sheeran in Sexy Overalls Look
- 'Bachelor' Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff Call Off Their Engagement
- The 11 Greatest Ways That Disaster Movies Have Tried to Destroy the World
- Happy National Burger Day! Chow Down With Your Fave Fast Food-Loving Celebs
- Lori Loughlin Joins the Cast of 'Fuller House'
- More From ET