Regis Philbin renewed his contract with Disney through 2011, assuring that he will be sitting beside Kelly Ripa on Live with Regis & Kelly till he's 80-years-old.
Make that 80-years-young because even though Regis comes on as a curmudgeon, nobody would call him a grouchy old man. In fact, he's still a hoot to watch in the morning as he goes on about the tabloid headlines, the parties and openings he attended with Joy, and the status of the New York Yankees and Notre Dame football.
Frankly speaking, I'm glad that he's chosen to remain active. To me, ever since the day Johnny Carson retired from The Tonight Show, that show has never been the same. The Jay Leno years just don't compare. Johnny retired too soon.
Do you know what today is? I'll tell you what day it is: it's Elvis' birthday. In honor of the King, I'm going to teach all of you how to do a passable Elvis impersonation. Here's what you do: speaking in the lowest register your voice can reach, say this line: "A hubba hayba hubba hayba baby." Gyrate your hips while doing this and sneer. Now marry a teenager. Now take drugs and die. There you go, you're a rock and roll icon.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 15 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2015
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Woman in the Whirlpool'
- 'The Whispers' Season Premiere and Cast Photos
- 'UnREAL' Cast Photos: Meet the Bachelor, Contestants and Production Folks from 'Everlasting'
- [Video] 'Pretty Little Liars' Preview: New Suspect Revealed
- More From BuddyTV
- Empire Sets Season 2 Premiere Date
- Was Schumer Too Easy on Cosby? Is Orphan Sarah Now Love-less? Scariest Wayward Reality? And More TV Qs
- Suits Season 5 Enlists The Last Ship's John Pyper-Ferguson to Recur
- Boom! Sneak Peek: Did Someone Say 'Beef Stroganoff Gravy Bomb'?
- Wayward Pines Sneak Peek: Is Ethan Prepared to Lay Down the Law?
- More From TVLine
- Complete List of Advertisers Who've Stopped Sponsoring '19 Kids and Counting'
- Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch Up for Sale for a Whopping $100 Million
- Exclusive First Look: Matthew Fox and Jeffrey Donovan Face a New Breed of Zombie in ‘Extinction'
- You Need to Watch This Woman's Epic Sign Language Performance of Eminem's 'Lose Yourself'
- How David Oyelowo Is Challenging Himself and the Status Quo
- More From ET