Funny or Die, the site founded two years ago by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay, is deep into filming for 12 half-hour episodes for HBO,
According to the New York Post, the site is reversing its stance on syndicating its content beyond the standalone Web site. "It will definitely get more viewership of our videos and, to us, that's the important thing -- we want the work that's created to be seen by as many people as possible," Dick Glover, the site's CEO, told the Post. A Funny or Die YouTube channel will launch sometime this month.
Okay, whether you found Will Ferrell and Adam McKay's video The Landlord extremely funny, or you were offended by the fact that it featured McKay's daughter, Pearl, cursing (and yes, she really was cursing), I think there's one thing we can all agree on: Pearl is really, really, adorable.
Check out the outtakes from the video below. You would have to be a vampire with a heart carved out of baby nightmares to not total fall in love with the little tyke. I think in some ways the outtakes are almost funnier than the finished product, since it shows Pearl behaving like an actual kid (i.e., she doesn't really care what all those crazy adults around her are doing, she just wants to bang some rocks together).
Anyway, check it out after the jump and have a larf.
Ever since I linked to the short video by Adam McKay and Will Ferrell on their new comedy competition site, FunnyOrDie.com, there's been a lot of speculation among myself and my readers as to just how it was they got the little girl in the video, McKay's daughter Pearl, to curse like a drunken sailor.
I assumed she wasn't, that it was probably just a bit of mind trickery using subtitles to make it appear she's saying something she isn't. However, McKay told People that wasn't the case:
I recently linked to a comedic short featuring Will Ferrell and Adam McKay (Anchorman, Talladega Nights). The short comes from FunnyorDie.com, a new comedy video site from Ferrell and McKay's production company, Gary Sanchez Productions.
The short, titled "The Landlord," has received over two million hits, and other vids from established comedians and actors will also begin to pop up on the site. However, most of the videos will be uploaded YouTube-fashion by regular folks like you and me. The main difference between this site and YouTube is that only those videos deemed worthy by other users will survive, and the ones that aren't so funny will be banished to a section of the site known as "the Crypt."
Adam McKay and Will Ferrell, both formerly of Saturday Night Live (Ferrell as a performer, and McKay as a writer) have made two of the funniest movie comedies in the last few years, Anchorman and Talladega Nights, and this short featuring McKay and Ferrell as two roommates and their cranky landlord had me laughing so hard that milk spilled from my nose -- not milk I was drinking, but milk I haven't even drank yet. That's how incredibly funny it is. The short is only about two minutes long, and I can't tell you much more about it without spoiling it for you, so go watch it.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Best Quotes from 'Scandal' Season 3
- 'Revolution' Season 2 Episode Photos
- 'Reign' Episode 21 Photos: The Madness of King Henry
- 'Reign': 17 Moments of James, Marriage Troubles and Catherine?s Plots from 'No Exit'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 5.20 and 5.21 Photos: Stelena in Danger
- More From BuddyTV
- Report: Gwen Stefani Replacing Christina Aguilera on The Voice Next Season
- Shane West Previews Scary Salem's 'Sense of Urgency and Dread,' Talks Taming His Wig
- Exclusive Mentalist Sneak Peek: Pike Has Big News for Lisbon — and It's Not Good
- Pilot News: Ian Gomez Books CBS Comedy Pilot Cuz-Bros – Is This Bad Omen for Cougar Town?
- ABC Family Orders Supernatural Procedural Drama Pilot Stitchers
- More From TVLine
- John C. Reilly Takes You Behind The Scenes Of Disney's 'Bears'
- 'Hawaii Five-0' Star Alex O'Loughlin is Married!
- 'Jesus Christ Superstar' Creators Talk Show's Creation & Controversy
- 'Good Morning America' Promotes Lara Spencer to Co-Host
- Exclusive: Lionel Richie Recalls His Amazing Chance Meeting with Marvin Gaye
- More From ET