the lying game
What can you expect when the girls return? More secrets!
'The Lying Game,' 'Switched at Birth' and new series 'Jane By Design' all debut this January.
In 'Jane By Design,' Erica Dasher stars as Jane Quimby, a quirky teen who gets a job at a hip fashion house. Not strange, right? The fashion house thinks she's an adult! Andie MacDowell also stars as Gray Chandler Murray, Jane's demanding and talented boss.
Check out the full schedule below!
'Deadline' reports that the drama has been killed off after just one season, but that as ABC Family takes with one hand, it gives with the other.
Fellow newbie 'The Lying Game' has received a 12-episode back order from the network, meaning that it will now air for an entire season.
It's also been reported that ABC Family's already looking ahead by preparing to order pilot episodes of 'Strut' from 'Gilmore Girls' creator Amy Sherman-Palladino, and action drama 'Intercept.'
Elizabeth Hurley Moves to the Upper East Side on 'Gossip Girl,' 'Buffy' Star Returns to TV & More Casting News
Elizabeth Hurley will play Diana Payne, a "sexy, smart, self-made media mogul and all-around force to be reckoned with. Diana's entrance on the Upper East Side will change the lives of all our characters -- including, and especially, Gossip Girl herself," executive producers Stephanie Savage and Joshua Safran told TVLine.
Hurley will stick around for a multi-episode arc.
In other TV casting news ...
At the age of 77, the former CNN host is embarking on his newest career journey with a one-man comedy show called 'Larry King: Standing Up.'
The suspender-clad 'Larry King Live' star will crack wise about his life and career as well as answer audience questions beginning April 14 in Torrington, Conn., TV Guide reports. The tour will also take him to Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland, New Jersey and Nevada.
King stepped down from his namesake show last year after a quarter-century grilling public figures about the latest news.
In other TV news ...
• The Man with the Golden Voice is getting another chance to extend his 15 minutes of fame in the form of a new reality show. The series, which begins shooting in two weeks, will document his life in Ohio, Brooklyn and Los Angeles. [TMZ]
• Yet another 'Teen Mom' star is in legal hot water -- but this time, it's one of the teen dads. 'Teen Mom 2' star Jonathan "Jo" Rivera was "arrested last week for being under the influence of marijuana while driving with his brother in Warren County, Pa." [E! Online]
• Courteney Cox is traveling from 'Cougar Town' to the Food Network. Don't worry -- it's not too far of a relocation. Since Cox films her sitcom on the same lot as Bobby Flay's 'The Next Food Network Star,' she recently popped over to film a guest judge spot. [NY Post]
Casting News: Mary Tyler Moore, Betty White to Reunite on 'Hot in Cleveland,' 'NCIS: LA' Adds a Series Regular and More
The TV Land sitcom is hosting a 'Mary Tyler Moore Show' reunion and pairing Moore with her former costar Betty White once again. According to Deadline Hollywood, Moore will appear in the Jan. 19 season 2 premiere of 'Hot in Cleveland.'
Details on her character are scarce, but Deadline reports Moore's character may have something to do with the storyline that saw White's character, Elka, get arrested at the end of season 1.
In other casting news ...
• Christine Adams has joined the cast of 'Terra Nova.' Adams, who can currently be seen on ABC's 'The Whole Truth,' will play Mira, a resident of Terra Nova who gets to know the Shannon family. [Entertainment Weekly]
• Camille Sullivan has been tapped for ABC's 'Rookie Blue.' Sullivan, a veteran of Canadian dramas, will play Detective Jo Rosati during the second season of the summer series. [Hollywood Reporter]
• 'NCIS: LA' has promoted Renee Felice Smith to series regular. Smith joined the cast in a recurring capacity earlier this season as Nell Jones, an intelligence analyst. [TV Guide]
"We tell the stories others refuse to tell." - Richard "Ringo" Langly
Like many of you, I have a growning collection of DVD sets from shows that left the airwaves too soon. If I had to pick just one to have back, it would probably be Firefly, but The Lone Gunmen would certainly be in the conversation. It was a great example of a spin-off done right. After years of service, fighting the good fight, lending a hand to Mulder, the boys finally got their own gig. Melvin Frohike, Richard Langly, and Johy Byers weren't your typical prime-time, leading man, characters, and The Lone Gunmen wasn't your typical prime-time show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Miss USA Contestants Speak Out on Staying in the Pageant: 'We Were Not Going to Let Our States Down'
- Scott Eastwood Shows Off His Ripped Abs at Beach Shoot – See the Hot Pics!
- Hilary Swank Has Put Her Career on Hold to Care for Her Ailing Father
- Diddy Avoids Felony Charges for Alleged UCLA Fight
- Meghan Trainor Reveals Vocal Cord Injury, Postpones Shows
- More From ET