the partridge family
According to CNN, the actor is suing Screen Gems, CRT Holdings, Sony Pictures Television and Sony Pictures Entertainment in Los Angeles Superior Court.
"For nearly 40 years, defendants have swindled Mr. Cassidy out of his rightful share of the profits from 'The Partridge Family,' and when Mr. Cassidy has inquired as to the matter, have lied to him so as to continue to conceal their deception," the lawsuit says.
Additionally, the lawsuit alleges that the defendants aren't staying true to Cassidy's contract and are continuing to scam him.
But Ferguson has more than just his past to consider, as pointed out beautifully by Lewis Black. Ferguson was ribbing him about still touring in a bus like the Partridge Family, when Black took the joke a step further and indicated he travels with a fetal pig as well.
Ferguson gave him a startled look, and Black went off. "Don't give me a look like I'm nuts," he shouted. "You're talking to a robot. You're drinking out of a snake glass."
Where are 'The Partridge Family' stars now? They invited you to 'C'mon Get Happy,' but did the cast of 'The Partridge Family' follow its own advice? David Cassidy, Danny Bonaduce, Brian Forster and Suzanne Crough are among the stars of the classic 1970s musical sitcom that reunited this morning on NBC's 'Today.'
Some of the TV family members have stayed in the public eye since their days of donning crushed velvet and singing 'I Think I Love You,' while others have long since gotten off the pop culture bus. Here's where the Partridges flew following the cancellation of the series in 1974.
From the 1950s through the 1980s, most successful TV series aired at least one Christmas show. Such seasonal events are less plentiful now, when most networks air reruns during the holidays -- but the classics of the past are gifts that keep on giving. Taking our cue from 'The 12 Days of Christmas,' we bring you a dozen holiday-themed episodes rich in tidings of comfort and joy.
If you, too, are a closet fan of The Partridge Family, here's your chance to catch a mini-reunion of the singing family. David Cassidy plays David Gallagher on the ABC Family show Ruby & The Rockits. Shirley Jones -- who played his mom on The Partridge Family -- will once again play that role on Ruby.
Ok, here's where things get complicated. In real life, Jones is Cassidy's stepmother. She's also mom to his co-star and brother Patrick Cassidy, who plays Patrick Gallagher on Ruby. Meanwhile, David's brother Shaun Cassidy serves as executive producer, and brother Ryan is the show's set decorator.
Now if we could just get Danny Bonaduce and Susan Dey to guest star as traveling musicians passing through town in a colorful bus, a whole lot of lovin' is what they'd be bringin'!
It's a clever list, and includes the new vanity plates each car would have.
Our list of the best shows of the '70s features many of the best shows of all time (here's looking at you, 'Mary Tyler Moore Show,' 'M*A*S*H' and 'Taxi'). Take a gander and let us know if you agree.
Lots of complete series sets this week, including two you probably thought you'd never see, Quark and Ultraman. I have no nostalgic memories of Ultraman, but Quark was a show I enjoyed. It's also neat to see shows like The Shari Lewis Show or DVD.
I wonder why the Back To You set isn't a complete series set instead of just Season 1? Maybe it was already in production before the show was canceled.
- Back To You - Season 1
- CSI - Season 8
- Charlie and Lola - Vol. 1-8
- The Deputy - Best Of
- Life with Derek - Season 1
- Lil' Bush - Season 2
- Lovejoy - Christmas Specials
- Nash Bridges - Season 1
- The Partridge Family - Season 3
- Quark - Complete Series
- Rules of Engagement - Season 2
- The Sarah Silverman Program - Season 2, Vol. 1
- Scott Baio is 45... - Seasons 1 and 2
- The Shari Lewis Show - A Shari Lewis Christmas
- SpongeBob SquarePants - Who Bob What Pants
- Survivorman - Season 2
- That 70s Show - Complete Series
- Ultraman - Complete Series
- The Unit - Season 3
- The Universe - Complete Series
Being newly single, I've been spending a lot of time these days thinking about the perfect woman. More often than not, my thoughts end up drifting into the realm of television and all of the perfect women there. So I decided to compile a list of the ten hottest moms on television. Unfortunately, there were way too many to fit on a top ten list, so I expanded the list to fifteen. This was a tough list to compile and I'm sure many of your favorites are absent, but I doubt that anyone can refute the fifteen below.
Susan Mayer - Desperate Housewives (Teri Hatcher) Hatcher has always been smoking hot but it wasn't until Desperate Housewives that she became a TV mom. The best part of her character is how Susan is continually clumsy, awkward and unsure of herself and still manages to be hot.
Cowsill was the lead singer of the 1960s pop group The Cowsills, which was the inspiration for the family band depicted in The Partridge Family. The four Cowsill brothers formed the band, and then the mother and little sister joined the group later.
Cowsill suffered from emphysema and osteoporosis. Oddly, Cowsill's brother Barry disappeared during Hurricane Katrina, and his body was found four months later.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 15' Official House Photos
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 10: Meet the Top 20 Dancers
- 'America's Got Talent' Chicago Auditions: The One Act to Watch
- 'The Bachelorette' Deleted Scenes: Zak Waddell Buys Desiree a Ring
- 'Big Brother 15' Twists Revealed: MVP and Three Nominations
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Futurama': Seth MacFarlane gives voice to Fry's dog
- 'Sesame Street' jail: Children's show introduces first muppet with a parent in prison
- 'Mickey Mouse' reinvented yet again in Disney's new animated shorts
- TV ratings: 'The Voice' finale hangs tough Tuesday opposite NBA Finals
- 'Big Brother 15' twist: 3 people will be nominated for eviction, plus a weekly MVP
- More From Zap2it
- Exclusive Hannibal Video: Alana and Jack Argue Over Will's Mental Health — Is Their Pal a Killer?
- TVLine Items: Liars Lands One Life to Live Vet, Y&R Fave Is Back, Once Return Nixed and More
- Nashville Loses a Key Player for Season 2
- The Veronica Mars Movie: Deputy Leo Is On Duty
- The Soup Investigates First Look: E!'s New Spin-Off Series Takes on The Bachelor
- More From TVLine