How is this seen as a good idea in the executive offices at Warner Brothers? How exactly will they make a one-time 90 minute movie out of a dumb (but in a lovable way) show from the 60s? As we've been saying here for the past several years, big-screen adaptations of old TV shows usually don't work ('Bewitched,' 'The Beverly Hillbillies,' 'Charlie's Angels,' the list goes on and on) because it's not that those shows necessarily had brilliant plots, it's because they existed in a certain time and had a specific cast that we love and remember. Bob Denver is Gilligan. I'm not going to go see a big-screen version just because they cast, say, Christopher Mintz-Plasse in the role (no casting yet, but I can picture him being considered).
[via The BooBerry Alarm Clock]
Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a boat for sale...
This web site is selling what they say is the original S.S. Minnow from Gilligan's Island. Boing Boing readers aren't so sure, saying the show started before that, but others say that this could have been one of several boats used during the show's run. Looks liegit to me.
It's $99,000, with an engine rebuilt in 1999.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Chasing Life' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'The Last Ship' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'Under the Dome' Episode 2.6 Photos: Barbie and Sam Explore a Mysterious Tunnel
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Top 14 Moments: Mama Bears and Creepy Guys from 'Scream for Me'
- 'Mistresses' Episode 2.10 Photos: Joss Meets Scott's Big Family
- More From BuddyTV
- Nashville Books Laura Benanti for Season 3 — Will She Clash With Rayna?
- Supernatural Season 10: Who's the Mystery Returning Guest Star?
- Big Bang Theory Production Officially Postponed, as Actors Await New Deals
- Mystery Girls Embraces Its Campy Style With New Fashion-Centric Promo
- Emmys 2014: Who Should Win Lead Actor in a Drama? Take Our Poll!
- More From TVLine