How is this seen as a good idea in the executive offices at Warner Brothers? How exactly will they make a one-time 90 minute movie out of a dumb (but in a lovable way) show from the 60s? As we've been saying here for the past several years, big-screen adaptations of old TV shows usually don't work ('Bewitched,' 'The Beverly Hillbillies,' 'Charlie's Angels,' the list goes on and on) because it's not that those shows necessarily had brilliant plots, it's because they existed in a certain time and had a specific cast that we love and remember. Bob Denver is Gilligan. I'm not going to go see a big-screen version just because they cast, say, Christopher Mintz-Plasse in the role (no casting yet, but I can picture him being considered).
[via The BooBerry Alarm Clock]
Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a boat for sale...
This web site is selling what they say is the original S.S. Minnow from Gilligan's Island. Boing Boing readers aren't so sure, saying the show started before that, but others say that this could have been one of several boats used during the show's run. Looks liegit to me.
It's $99,000, with an engine rebuilt in 1999.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TVLine Items: Hulu Drops Duggars, Urban Cowboy Series and More
- Fall TV First Impression: Supergirl
- Game of Thrones First Look: Tyrion and Daenerys Come Face-to-Face
- Hell on Wheels' Fifth and Final Season Premiere Date Set at AMC
- Dominion First Look: Season 2 Trailer Proves Angelic War Is Holy Hell
- More From TVLine
- George Clooney Explains Why He'll Never Dye His Gray Hair or Go Under the Knife
- Kate Hudson and Derek Hough Fuel Dating Rumors With U2 Concert PDA
- 'Bachelor' Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff Call Off Their Engagement
- Tom Hardy Perfectly Shuts Down a Reporter Who Asks a Sexist Question About 'Mad Max: Fury Road'
- Lindsay Lohan Is Finally Off Probation After Eight Years
- More From ET