How is this seen as a good idea in the executive offices at Warner Brothers? How exactly will they make a one-time 90 minute movie out of a dumb (but in a lovable way) show from the 60s? As we've been saying here for the past several years, big-screen adaptations of old TV shows usually don't work ('Bewitched,' 'The Beverly Hillbillies,' 'Charlie's Angels,' the list goes on and on) because it's not that those shows necessarily had brilliant plots, it's because they existed in a certain time and had a specific cast that we love and remember. Bob Denver is Gilligan. I'm not going to go see a big-screen version just because they cast, say, Christopher Mintz-Plasse in the role (no casting yet, but I can picture him being considered).
[via The BooBerry Alarm Clock]
Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a boat for sale...
This web site is selling what they say is the original S.S. Minnow from Gilligan's Island. Boing Boing readers aren't so sure, saying the show started before that, but others say that this could have been one of several boats used during the show's run. Looks liegit to me.
It's $99,000, with an engine rebuilt in 1999.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- September 2014: Don't Miss These 15 TV Shows and Events
- 'Extant' Episode 10 Photos: It's a New World
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Episode 6 Photos: Brooks & Tasos Arrive to Mix Things Up
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'Rock the Wedding'
- More From BuddyTV
- Outlander Recap: I Love It When a Clan Comes Together
- Downton Abbey: First Season 5 Trailer Features Surprise Hookups, Raging Infernos, Exposed Secrets
- Looking Finds Season 2 Gigs for Crossbones Co-Star, Late Night Comic
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Teen Wolf, True Blood, Finding Carter and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Anna Paquin
- More From TVLine