the return of chef
Comedy Central acknowledges this and, leading up to the tenth season premiere, will air the "Ten South Park Epiosdes that Changed the World," playing a different episode from the list every night at 10 PM starting on Sunday, September 24. I'm sure some of the more recent controversial eps, like "Trapped in the Closet," or "The Return of Chef!", but I'm also sure they'll play some of the earlier episodes, including the pilot, "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe." Sniff. I'm getting misty-eyed just thinking of that one.
[This episode review contains spoilers]
Isaac Hayes' time spent on South Park was no accident. He was the always the first and only choice to play Chef, and creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone worked hard to convince him their silly little cartoon would be worth doing. Over the better part of a decade, Hayes seemed to really embrace both the character and the show's brutal satire.
And until a few days ago, everything remained seemingly copacetic. Suddenly, however, Hayes left the show over its jabs at religion, leading many, including the show's creators, to believe he had actually left the show over the "Trapped in the Closet" episode which made fun of Tom Cruise and the Church of Scientology, of which Hayes is also a member.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Scandal: Shonda Rhimes Teases MIA Olivia's New Direction, Stands By Fitz
- Jane the Virgin Casts Rita Moreno as Rogelio's Glam Mother
- Salem Season 2 Gets Premiere Date — Plus: See an Intense First Look Photo
- Sneak Peek: Backstrom Reveals He's Been Bullied... and 'Squirreled'?
- TVLine Items: A Most Devious Return, J.K. Simmons' SNL Promos and More
- More From TVLine
- Nick Jonas Gets Candid About His Decision to Lose His Virginity
- GoDaddy Pulls Puppy Super Bowl Ad Following Backlash
- Chrissy Teigen Is Naked and Covered in Milk – But It's Not What You Think
- Madonna Crowns Taylor Swift a Princess of Pop
- Bruce Jenner's Gender Expression Reportedly Fueled 'Massive Arguments' With Kris Jenner
- More From ET