Like these six shows. They're not just unfunny, they're not pleasant or interesting or "cute" or any other word we try to use when trying to find something good about a sitcom either. They're just...bad. Not even someone who loves sitcoms could like these shows.
My first impression of this show is that it has a great cast. Al Madrigal is a very funny guy who has been kept off of TV for way too long. You may remember that Al was the star of the aborted sitcom The Ortegas a few seasons ago. I have always thought Chris Klein was funny but never got a chance to show it off and, of course, Jeffrey Tambor has now become a fixture in the comedy landscape due to his brilliant work on Larry Sanders & Arrested Development.
Madrigal plays the doorman of the building named Jesus, who insists that you pronounce his name like the well-known savior. Klein is Marty, a tenant of the building and best bud of the new tenant, Josh (Fran Kanz). Tambor plays Uncle Sol, the veteran of the building who used to write scripts for Three's Company. Ironic, in a way, since Tambor actually starred in the Three's Company spinoff, The Ropers.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Sing-Off': The AcoUstiKats twerk backstage before performances
- 'Psych: The Musical' was 'a Herculean task,' says James Roday
- TV Snacks: 'How I Met Your Mother' fave returns, 'Happy Endings' on VH1
- 'Sean Saves the World' sets 'Will & Grace' reunion with Megan Mullally guest appearance
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi's Doctor costume a mix of 'old-fashioned' and the future
- More From Zap2it
- Law & Order Vet Dann Florek to Exit SVU
- Tomorrow People's Mark Pellegrino Talks Protecting John, Obeying The Founder and More
- Exclusive: Will & Grace Reunion on Sean Saves the World, Megan Mullally to Play Sean's [Spoiler]
- TVLine Items: Gossip Guy Is NBC's Tin Man, Mom Casts Dad, Happy Endings' New Home and More
- Exclusive Parenthood First Look: Crosby Drops Some Slutty-But-Soulful Knowledge on Drew
- More From TVLine