Actor Pat Corley was probably best known as Phil, the gruff owner of the bar where the Murphy Brown hung out all the time. But he had a long career in TV and movies.
Besides appearances on tons of TV shows, from Kojak and Starsky and Hutch and Magnum, P.I. and Hill Street Blues, he was also in several movies, including Coming Home, The Onion Field, The Rose, and Night Shift. Corley actually started out as a ballet dancer!
Corley died earlier this week after coronary stent surgery.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 30 Best Auditions of 'American Idol' Season 14
- 'The Biggest Loser' Season 16: Before and After Photos
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4: Ranking the Looks of 'Always the Bridesmaid'
- [Video] 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Trailer: Who Will Rule the Seven Kingdoms?
- [Video] 'American Idol' One Singer to Watch: Tyanna Jones' Imperfections Stand Out
- More From BuddyTV
- Celebrity Apprentice Sneak Peek: Does Kenya Moore Call Vivica A. Fox Fat?
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Nashville, Supergirl, Castle, Flash, Supernatural, Forever, Grey's, NCIS, Jane and More!
- Idina Menzel to Star in Happy Time Comedy from Ellen DeGeneres
- Was Parenthood's Ending Too Happy? Can Elizabeth Jennings Best Arrow? How'd Olivia Frizz Out? And More Qs!
- Mindy Project Bids Adieu to Adam Pally With Peter's Top 3 Moments
- More From TVLine
- Sherri Shepherd's Surrogate: Sherri Acts Like the Baby is Non-Existent
- Why David Beckham Shouldn't Be Embarrassed by His Super Bowl Ad--Or Think of Himself as Chubby
- Shakira and Gerard Pique Welcome Baby No. 2
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Stars Open Up About Filming in the Red Room
- Star Sightings
- More From ET