Actor Pat Corley was probably best known as Phil, the gruff owner of the bar where the Murphy Brown hung out all the time. But he had a long career in TV and movies.
Besides appearances on tons of TV shows, from Kojak and Starsky and Hutch and Magnum, P.I. and Hill Street Blues, he was also in several movies, including Coming Home, The Onion Field, The Rose, and Night Shift. Corley actually started out as a ballet dancer!
Corley died earlier this week after coronary stent surgery.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Final Rose: Kaitlyn and Shawn's Fairytale Journey on 'The Bachelorette'
- Best 'Pretty Little Liars' Quotes from 'FrAmed'
- 'MasterChef' Interview: Prowling the Kitchen with Stephen Lee
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 11 Finale Photos: Kaitlyn Says Yes!
- 'Dance Moms' Recap: Can the ALDC Maintain the Top Spot in the Competition?
- More From BuddyTV
- Sarah Michelle Gellar's Daughter Has Her 'Buffy' Skills! See Charlotte's 'Bully Proof' Moves!
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe and Fiance Shawn Booth Just Can't Stop With the Intense PDA
- Channing Tatum Reportedly Exiting His 'X-Men' Spin-off Movie, 'Gambit'
- Tina Fey's 'Flawless' Beyonce Lip Sync Will Complete Your Life Forever
- Angelina Jolie Pitt Hopes Filming in Cambodia Will Help Maddox 'Understand Who He is'
- More From ET