March 6, 2014
the simpsons commercials
by Danny Gallagher, posted Jan 31st 2010 5:06PM
Since I started writing for this site, I've had the pleasure of seeing episodes of shows like Dexter and Leverage before anyone else. I've had the pleasure of conversing with some of the industry's most interesting characters. But now I know I've truly made it: I got to watch a Super Bowl ad before the rest of the world. Who wants to touch me?
This year's Super Bowl will, of course, feature new commercials for Coca-Cola including a rather interesting one featuring that mecca of brand advertising, The Simpsons.
It actually takes quite an interesting turn from what you might expect. It's not all that silly. It's actually quite sad and even sullen, compared to ads featuring the show's characters in campaigns for Butterfinger and KFC. Watch it for during the game, even if you're like me and you actually watch the Super Bowl for the actual Super Bowl.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Suits' Season 3 midseason premiere: Mixing business with romance and 'Buried Secrets'
- 'Scandal's' Tony Goldwyn to play Mormon polygamist in Lifetime film 'Outlaw Prophet'
- 'Community' Season 5 episode 8: 5 MeowMeowBeenz for 'App Development and Condiments'
- 'American Idol' Top 12 results: Did MK Nobilette, Emily Piriz or Jena Irene go home?
- 'Couples Therapy' Season 4 finale: Farrah Abraham goes on a date
- More From Zap2it