the sound of music
News Roundup: 'Sound of Music' Cast to Reunite on 'Oprah,' 'Vampire Diaries' Star Wants Musical Episode and More
According to Entertainment Weekly, this will be the first time the cast reunited in 45 years. Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer and the actors who played the Von Trapp children, Duane Chase, Charmian Carr, Nicholas Hammond, Heather Menzies-Urich, Angela Cartwright, Kym Karath and Debbie Turner, will all be in attendance.
Get ready for the hills to be alive with tears, joy and last but not least, music.
In other TV news ...
• Darren Criss has been cast on 'Glee.' TV audiences may recognize Criss from 'Eastwick,' but to Internet fans he's the star of 'A Very Potter Musical.' Look for Criss to play Blaine, a charismatic gay student from a rival glee club. [Ausiello Files]
• Ian Somerhalder wants to get musical! 'The Vampire Diaries' star said he'd love to do a musical episode of The CW series and that his character singing would be like the Barber from 'Sweeney Todd.' [Hollywood Crush]
• The 'Dexter' season 5 premiere was the show's highest rated ever. The show was seen by a combined total of 2.3 million viewers, Showtime's biggest season premiere in 15 years. [Showtime]
- TV Land has a 'Home Improvement' marathon all night.
- Discovery has a 'Destroyed in Seconds' marathons all night.
- TNT has a 'Law & Order' marathon all night.
- Hallmark continues their 'I Love Lucy' marathon.
- At 6, CBS has the Super Bowl, followed by the series premiere of 'Undercover Boss.'
- At 7, FOX has two new episodes of 'Til Death.'
- Animal Planet has 'Puppy Bowl VI' at 7.
- ABC Family has 'The Sound of Music' at 7.
- At 9, PBS has a new 'Masterpiece Classic.'
- HBO has a new 'Big Love' at 9.
- WE has a new 'Platinum Weddings' at 9.
- At 10, TruTV has two new episodes of 'Las Vegas Jailhouse.'
- IFC has two 'Arrested Development' episodes at 10.
- Also at 10: WE has a new 'Rich Bride Poor Bride.'
- At midnight, Cartoon Network has a new 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force.'
Check your local TV listings for more.
Everything about the show remains top-notch. The look, the feel, the essence remains as precious as the Emmy-award winning pie-lette (for direction). In fact, that's the only problem with PD; it is precious. For some people that's too much. For me, this is TV that's just too good to care about the delicate balance between surreality and satire, fable and a far-out acid trip.
(S04E13) "Allison... close your eyes. I gotta get out of bed now and I'm not wearing any clothes." - Lee Scanlon
The opening voice over left me a bit unnerved. I'm used to Medium starting with some kind of disturbing vision. The only thing disturbing about Allison's narration was that it made me feel like I was watching Criminal Minds.
The pool of blood seeping from the head of Di Novi's dead friend was a little closer to what I've come to expect and I really liked the surrealistic way Scanlon and Di Novi repeated Allison's dream verbatim.
- At 7, NBC has a new Football Night in America, followed by the Colts/Titans game.
- ABC has The Sound of Music at 7.
- The CW has a new CW Now at 7.
- At 8, CBS has a new episode of The Amazing Race.
- ESPN has the PetroSun Independence Bowl at 8.
- Lifetime Movie Network has Finding John Christmas at 8, then Christmas in Paradise.
- At 10, E! has a new episode of The Girls Next Door, followed by a new Snoop Dogg's Father Hood.
Check your local TV listings for more.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Narrowly Beat Kenny Chesney For The Week's No. 1 Album
- Rascal Flatts' Joe Don Rooney Welcomes Third Child
- EXCLUSIVE! 'Girl Code's Nicole Byer Shares Hilarious Advice That All Ladies Should Follow!
- Vanessa Hudgens Terrifies Unsuspecting Guests at Knott's Scary Farm
- More From ET