the war at home
For those are you who worry a lot and get all nervous, you might want to skip this story.
Variety has a list of the TV shows that are "on the bubble," the ones that are teetering on the edge of cancellation and might not make it to fall '07. The list includes a few shows that I thought were actually doing well, and that scares me a bit (and ticks me off).
ABC: The Nine and Knights of Prosperity are probably gone, and What About Brian is on the edge too, despite getting a second life a few months ago.
But the biggest news is the press release they put out announcing some of their schedule changes. In order to accommodate three new series, the network will move 'Til Death will air on Wednesdays at 9:30, after American Idol, starting on March 14 (there will be post-Idol airings on Feb. 27 and 28, as well). The War at Home moves to Sundays at 7:30, starting March 4, and Standoff will air on Fridays at 8, starting March 30.
The new shows: Tim Minear's Drive, which will launch with a 2-night, 3-hour premiere on April 15 and 16 (then take Prison Break's timeslot when its over - thanks, Jefferson!). The Winner, with Rob Corddry, will premiere with two episodes on March 4, then air for 3 consecutive Sundays at 8:30 and 9:30 PM. Finally, The Wedding Bells premieres March 9; there will be a post-Idol sneak peek on March 7.
- At 8, ABC has a repeat Ugly Betty, followed by repeats of Grey's Anatomy and Men in Trees.
- CBS has a new Survivor at 8, then repeats of CSI and Shark.
- NBC has a new, one hour episode of The Office at 8, then new episodes of Scrubs and 30 Rock, then a repeat ER.
- There's a new 'Til Death on FOX at 8, then new eps of The War at Home and The O.C.
- ABC Family has The Polar Express at 8.
- Food Network has more holiday cooking tonight: at 8, it's Essence of Emeril, followed by Paula's Home Cooking, Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade Holiday, and the Nigella Bites Christmas Special.
- Oxygen has Christmas With The Dickinsons, a reality show with Janice Dickinson.
- Also at 8: Bravo repeats the Christmas in Rockefeller Center, followed by A Clay Aiken Christmas.
- At 9, Lifetime has the movie Crazy For Christmas.
- TLC has the special Holiday Blunders at 10.
- At 10:30, Cartoon Network has Pee-wee's Playhouse Christmas.
- Animal Planet is showing the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship Dog Show all night.
That was probably due in part to giving Stewie and Brian a big adventure. I always prefer their stories to those involving Peter. It's tricky with Peter. I think less is more. When they use Peter extensively, he can be grating. Tonight was just right. The Full Metal Jacket/Stripes angle for Stewie and Brian was great, right down to the Stripes music during the obstacle course. And Louis Gossett Jr. as Sergeant Angryman is a nice bit of casting.
While I won't disagree on their picks for the worst programs, I do disagree on their choices for best television. This season's Lost wasn't so hot and The Sopranos seems tired. My hands-down favorite television program right now is The Office (tied for 19th among the critics). This season, I came to adore the characters. Everytime I hear the music for the opening credits, I can't help but bounce on the couch and clap my hands like a two-year-old.
What do you think is THE BEST show on television? Choose only one.
"We have the best time slot on television to launch a show...if you're a comedy writer with a great idea, FOX is the place to come."
Two words Peter: Arrested Development.
Oh, I know, I know, the show isn't coming back. I'm not whining about it, and I'm not even saying it should come back. My point is that Liguori would make a statement like this with a straight face. FOX has had many great comedies over the past 10 years, and they've either canceled them, shuffled them around the schedule, or replaced them with lesser comedies.
You have the best time slot to launch a comedy? Hey, cancel The Loop and you'll have two.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- September 2014: Don't Miss These 15 TV Shows and Events
- 'Extant' Episode 10 Photos: It's a New World
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Episode 6 Photos: Brooks & Tasos Arrive to Mix Things Up
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'Rock the Wedding'
- More From BuddyTV
- Outlander Recap: I Love It When a Clan Comes Together
- Downton Abbey: First Season 5 Trailer Features Surprise Hookups, Raging Infernos, Exposed Secrets
- Looking Finds Season 2 Gigs for Crossbones Co-Star, Late Night Comic
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Teen Wolf, True Blood, Finding Carter and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Anna Paquin
- More From TVLine