August 22, 2014
the wild hunt
by Stephanie Earp, posted Mar 9th 2010 11:23PM
I took a little break from this column last week because in my other life – the one not spent glued to the tube – I help run a 5-day film festival in the smallish Canadian city where I live. Running a film festival is not unlike running film – there are actors, directors and producers on hand, a general sense of panic, long hours, and really good after-parties, and with luck a critically-praised result.
This was my first year working on the film fest and I expected to be way out of my depth when it came to conversation. After all, I'm a small screen kind of girl. I even slipped up while introducing a panel of filmmakers, talking about how their films had "aired" the night before. Apparently, films screen, only TV shows air.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Geoff Stults Books Recurring Roles in CBS' Odd Couple Remake and Netflix's Grace and Frankie
- Emmys 2014: Ausiello Picks Who Should and Will Win — Plus: Reader Poll Results!
- Rookie Blue Recap: Out With a Bang
- Big Brother Recap: Ice, Ice, Baby
- Vampire Diaries Season 6 Teaser: Damon Begs Elena to 'Move On'
- More From TVLine
- 'Dating Naked' Star Jessie Nizewitz Sues Over Uncensored Crotch Shot
- V. Stiviano Claims Donald Sterling is Gay and That She Was His 'Beard'
- Kelly Clarkson Debuts Post-Baby Body During ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- 50 Cent Challenges Floyd Mayweather to Read a 'Full Page' of 'Harry Potter'
- Rihanna Attends Ex Chris Brown's Basketball Game
- More From ET