the wild hunt
by Stephanie Earp, posted Mar 9th 2010 11:23PM
I took a little break from this column last week because in my other life – the one not spent glued to the tube – I help run a 5-day film festival in the smallish Canadian city where I live. Running a film festival is not unlike running film – there are actors, directors and producers on hand, a general sense of panic, long hours, and really good after-parties, and with luck a critically-praised result.
This was my first year working on the film fest and I expected to be way out of my depth when it came to conversation. After all, I'm a small screen kind of girl. I even slipped up while introducing a panel of filmmakers, talking about how their films had "aired" the night before. Apparently, films screen, only TV shows air.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 4B key art first look: 'New truth. New enemy. New year.'
- 'The Sing-Off' Season 4: Backup singers Ten hit the spotlight
- FX picks up 'Tyrant' to series; 'Homeland' producers' drama set for summer 2014
- 'Arrow': Robert Knepper cast as bad guy 'Clock King'
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Jackson wants to direct an episode about rugby?
- More From Zap2it
- Reign's Adelaide Kane Dishes on Mary and Francis (Did They?), Painful Prophecy Fallout
- Ratings: Sons Delivers Most Watched Finale Ever
- 13 Musicals We'd Like to See Performed Live on TV (and Who We'd Cast as the Leads)
- Once Upon a Time EPs Tease Midseason Finale's 'Devastating' Twist, 'Compelling' Spring Story Arc
- TVLine Items: Nick Jonas Returns to Hawaii, BIO Channel Replaced, Bridge Promotions and More
- More From TVLine