May 28, 2015
the wild hunt
by Stephanie Earp, posted Mar 9th 2010 11:23PM
I took a little break from this column last week because in my other life – the one not spent glued to the tube – I help run a 5-day film festival in the smallish Canadian city where I live. Running a film festival is not unlike running film – there are actors, directors and producers on hand, a general sense of panic, long hours, and really good after-parties, and with luck a critically-praised result.
This was my first year working on the film fest and I expected to be way out of my depth when it came to conversation. After all, I'm a small screen kind of girl. I even slipped up while introducing a panel of filmmakers, talking about how their films had "aired" the night before. Apparently, films screen, only TV shows air.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TVLine Items: Hulu Drops Duggars, Urban Cowboy Series and More
- Fall TV First Impression: Supergirl
- Game of Thrones First Look: Tyrion and Daenerys Come Face-to-Face
- Hell on Wheels' Fifth and Final Season Premiere Date Set at AMC
- Dominion First Look: Season 2 Trailer Proves Angelic War Is Holy Hell
- More From TVLine
- George Clooney Explains Why He'll Never Dye His Gray Hair or Go Under the Knife
- Kate Hudson and Derek Hough Fuel Dating Rumors With U2 Concert PDA
- 'Bachelor' Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff Call Off Their Engagement
- Tom Hardy Perfectly Shuts Down a Reporter Who Asks a Sexist Question About 'Mad Max: Fury Road'
- Lindsay Lohan Is Finally Off Probation After Eight Years
- More From ET