September 16, 2014
the wild hunt
by Stephanie Earp, posted Mar 9th 2010 11:23PM
I took a little break from this column last week because in my other life – the one not spent glued to the tube – I help run a 5-day film festival in the smallish Canadian city where I live. Running a film festival is not unlike running film – there are actors, directors and producers on hand, a general sense of panic, long hours, and really good after-parties, and with luck a critically-praised result.
This was my first year working on the film fest and I expected to be way out of my depth when it came to conversation. After all, I'm a small screen kind of girl. I even slipped up while introducing a panel of filmmakers, talking about how their films had "aired" the night before. Apparently, films screen, only TV shows air.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Scandal Adds Private Practice Star in Top-Secret Season 4 Role
- Arrow Recruits Spartacus Star as Captain Boomerang in Season 3
- Report: DC Comics' Lucifer Pilot In the Works at Fox
- Nashville First Look: Laura Benanti's Sadie Cozies Up to [Spoiler]
- Bones Open House: Tour Booth and Brennan's Crazy-Cool New Crib
- More From TVLine
- Taylor Swift Proves She is the Ultimate Cat Lady
- Robin Thicke Admits to Drug Abuse, Says Paula Patton Left Because He Told Her 'The Truth'
- Jennifer Lawrence Explains What Makes a Woman Powerful in New Dior Campaign
- Disney Is Releasing a 'Frozen' Wedding Dress
- 'Dating Naked' Couple Preps for Wedding with Naked Yoga
- More From ET