September 2, 2014
the women of SNL
by Aimee Deeken, posted Nov 2nd 2010 6:15AM
With a trove of fabulously funny comediennes reuniting for 'The Women of SNL' special (Mon., 9PM ET on NBC), what better opportunity to spoof all those 'Real Housewives' reunions? Adding routine host Andy Cohen was a nice touch to their pitch-perfect rendition.
The proceedings quickly got contentious when Kristen Wiig said Maya Rudolph "is not classy, because she is not." She explained, "I was leaving the 'SNL' after-party ... and she was hiding in the shadows and she reached out and she pulled. my. weave!" As proof, she held the remains aloft.
When Cheri Oteri called Maya "gawbage," Maya (stiffly) strutted offstage. Rachel Dratch comforted Kristen, shouting, "Kristen, look at me! We are family!"
Tina Fey broke the tension with the announcement of her "dance single ... dropping in December 2014." Her faux-spontaneous performance featured bad lip-syncing to an Auto-Tuned song.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Party String and a Cold Shower Spell Trouble
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: What Will Scott Become?
- 'Under the Dome' Recap: Big Jim Creates More Problems When He Finds the Egg
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Reunion Part 2 Recap: Does Tamra Defend Her Actions?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Will the Arrival of Brooks Come Between Sarah and Robert?
- More From BuddyTV
- Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites!
- Grey's Anatomy Video: Shonda Rhimes Reflects on Show's No. 1 Love Story
- Under the Dome Recap: Family Matters
- Time Out! Lifetime's Saved by the Bell Exposé Would Have Us Believe....
- Mistresses Season 2 Finale Recap: Bride Goeth Before a Fall
- More From TVLine