(S02E04) Wow, just when you think you've seen it all from Tara, something happens and you're left with your jaw dropping to the floor. Creator Diablo Cody has clearly decided that Tara's psyche is not just split, it's a frigging kaleidoscope.
Last season, there was the animal creation that came out of nowhere, and in this episode, yet another variation on the theme. However, if you saw this one coming, you're better than me, 'cause I was stunned. And surprisingly excited, too. For more on Tara, Max, Marshall and Princess Valhalla, keep reading after the jump.
After placing an order for Army Wives, a new drama about wives living on an Army base, Lifetime has picked up its second drama series, also slated for a 2007 premiere. State of Mind will star Lili Taylor as a therapist whose problems are often much worse than those of her patients. The pilot was written by Amy Bloom, an author and psycho-therapist. Bloom is also a teacher at Yale University and has written for The New York Times, Vogue, Salon, Slate and The Atlantic Monthly. Taylor was last seen in the HBO series Six Feet Under as Lisa, Nate's (dead) first wife. The new series will also feature Lolita Davidovich, Derek Riddell, Levin Chamberlin, Devon Gummersall and Mido Hamada.
These two new pilots are part of an effort on the part of Lifetime's president of entertainment services Susanne Daniels to bring more scripted series back to the network. The network does not currently air any new scripted series in its primetime schedule.
(S02E13) This is an early review.
Tom Peters has a less than stellar marriage, and it's been implied, though never blatantly shown, that his wife Joy might be unfaithful. The real question doesn't seem to be why Joy cheats on Tom, but how an ugly screaming whale of a woman like her would be able to find someone willing to make love to her. Of course, plenty of men dig the rotund dames, but Joy manages to make herself unpleasant in so many other ways that seems like a moot point.
Part of enjoying Tom Goes to the Mayor --and I think by this point those who don't enjoy the show have moved on to other things-- is that it exists in a world pretty much void of any adherence to physical or moral laws. Tom has been killed, gone to hell, inexplicably transported both his father and the Mayor to an airplane in mid-flight, and been trapped underwater with a tiny man trapped inside him. He's also married to a woman who hates his guts, and it's never made clear why they're married. If you start asking these kind of questions, though, you really shouldn't be watching the show in the first place.
After she and Dr. Phil have dissected her relationship issues, Paula will choose one man out of ten to go on a blind date. That date will be filmed, of course, and Dr. Phil will also dissect that. Why can't The Smoking Gun do an expose on this man?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Top 48 Acts of 'America's Got Talent' Season 9
- Comic-Con 2014 Photos: The Cast of 'Under the Dome' in Pedicabs and Rachelle Lefevre Goes Blonde
- 'Big Brother 16' Recap: Donny vs. Brittany in the Week 4 Eviction
- 'Hannibal' at Comic-Con 2014: Is Dr. Chilton Really Dead? And More Season 3 Spoilers
- 'Teen Wolf' at Comic-Con 2014: Season 5 Renewal, Shirtless Derek and More
- More From BuddyTV
- Hannibal @ Comic-Con: A Huge Return, Much Gillian Anderson and (Hopefully) Clarice Feed the Thriller's Future
- Reign Stars Preview Hands-On King Francis, Mary's Struggle, Shagging, Hugging and... a Rambo-Style Finale?
- Scorpion Stars Talk the Genius' Weakness, Terminator-as-Lou Grant — Plus: Kat McPhee Sings for Us
- Teen Wolf @ Comic-Con: Stalia's 'Rocky Road,' Derek's Human Future, Another Major Death and More
- MTV Renews Teen Wolf for Season 5
- More From TVLine
- Nick Jonas Releases 'Chains' Single
- ‘Fifty Shades of Grey' Stars Admit What It's Really Like Filming Those Racy Sex Scenes
- Kristen Bell Plays Mary Poppins, Gets Political in Funny or Die Parody
- Zoe Saldana Curses Out Media Following Reports of Twins
- 7 Celebs You Didn't Know Were in Music Videos Before They Were Famous
- More From ET