"The way the economy is, and with the impending SAG strike -- f*** it, you're gonna see me on like that terrible celebrity dancing show."
In a world where TV shows are cancelled faster than you can add them to your DVR, 'Daily Show' alum Rob Corddry's arrival on TheWB.com with new Web series 'Childrens' Hospital' (10 mini-episodes premiere Monday, Dec. 8 on TheWB.com) is just what the doctor ordered.
A medical-drama spoof where the doctors care more about sex than patients (ahem, 'Grey's Anatomy'!), the off-beat comedy stars Lake Bell, Rob Huebel, Megan Mullally, Nick Kroll, Erinn Hayes, Nate Corddry, Ed Helms, Jason Sudeikis, Ken Marino ... and more, if you can believe it.
Corddry let AOL TV peek behind the curtain, giving scoop on everything from why Web series are better than TV, how he got Hollywood's funniest actors to do his show, his 'Arrested Development' movie idea ... and his fear of clowns.
Even before I caught Twilight on the big screen, I was comparing it to Roswell, the great teen sci-fi/romance series that aired on The WB (and later
It's not exactly the most original story in the world. This sort of thing goes back to Bram Stoker's Dracula, (and probably further back than that). Still, after watching Twilight, I was a bit shocked by its similarities to Roswell, especially since Roswell wasn't half as popular as Twilight. I haven't read the Twilight or Roswell book series, so I can't tell you if the similarities persist in print (but my friend Stephanie can). I can only compare the big screen and TV versions.
From major plot points to character motivations, these two franchises have a lot in common, but one clearly stands above the other. Let's compare, and you'll see what I mean:
The show will air next Wednesday, March 28.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Glee' Episodes 6.3 and 6.4 Photos: A Love Triangle for Kurt
- 'Glee' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Everyone Comes Back to McKinley
- 10 Unforgettable Moments from 'The Amazing Race' Season 25
- Steroline: 9 Pivotal Moments of Stefan and Caroline's Relationship on 'The Vampire Diaries'
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.11 Photos: Will Grief Unite Emily and Victoria?
- More From BuddyTV
- Quotes of the Week: The 100, NCIS: LA, Vanderpump, Freak Show and More
- Amy Adams Hosts SNL: Watch Video of Best and Worst Sketches
- Kevin Hart Hosting First SNL of 2015
- TVLine's Performers of the Week: Laurie Metcalf and Stephen Colbert
- Ratings: Amazing Race Ticks Up With Finale, Splits 3-Way Demo Win
- More From TVLine