Casting News: Michael J. Fox Will Return to 'The Good Wife,' 'True Blood' Adds New Series Regulars and More
"As soon as we saw the dailies of Michael playing Louis Canning, we started pleading with him to return," creators and executive producers Robert and Michelle King told EW. "Luckily he agreed. He's amazing in this role: unpretentiously brave and funny. It's good to have him back."
Fox played Canning in 'Poisoned Pill,' the sixth episode of the CBS drama's second season. Look for him in episode 13, competing with Alicia (Julianna Margulies) to reach homeowners for a class-action lawsuit.
In other casting news ...
• Eric Mabius is heading to NBC's 'Chase.' The 'Ugly Betty' veteran will play Justin Tate, a former cop who has become a fugitive and uses his law enforcement knowledge to prey on innocents. [Entertainment Weekly]
• Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban were confirmed as two of the guests on Oprah's upcoming Sydney shows. The Australian episodes will be filmed on Dec. 14, and will also feature Hugh Jackman and wife Deborah Lee Furness, Baz Luhrmann and wife Catherine Martin, Cate Blanchett and Jon Bon Jovi. [The Hollywood Reporter]
• Mariana Klaveno, Lorena on 'True Blood,' will guest star on 'Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior.' Klaveno will play Veronica, a spotlight-loving woman who is quite good an manipulating men. [Movieline]
In April, the martial arts star was accused of sexual harassment and production was stalled and he was suspended from the force. The charges were dropped in July. There's no word on whether A&E will produce more episodes of the series.
In other TV news ...
• TV producers McG ('Chuck,' 'Nikita') and Paul Scheuring ('Prison Break') are developing a private investigator series for ABC. The P.I. learned everything he knows from his childhood shows like 'Magnum PI' and 'Simon & Simon'
• Nielsen is predicting that 40 percent of new TV homes will be Hispanic. According to the data measurement company it's a 3 percent increase compared to last season. [Live Feed]
• 'Top Gear' season 15 will premiere on BBC America on Sept. 27. Look for Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz to guest. [BBC America]
That show is Life Unexpected, which CW programming head Dawn Ostroff described as "Juno meets Gilmore Girls." After seeing the pilot, I can agree with that description. It's sweet, warm, even a little bit hokey. In fact, it feels like a show that would have been on the old WB network. What the heck is it doing on the CW?
Tidbits about the show released these past weeks will have viewers tune in to know how the show will revive Sydney, a very much dead character played by Laura Leighton on the original series.
If that mystery is not enough to get you to tune in on Tuesday, September 8 at 9 p.m., maybe the new spoilers and casting information below will.
Warning! Spoilers coming up!
Premise: The CW is moving back into another familiar neighborhood for their second '90s show reboot -- and apparently, the tony Melrose Place apartments are still affordable for the struggling actors/filmmakers/rising stars of L.A.
Here's a look at the TV desperados who made our hearts melt, in our countdown of TV's Top 20 Bad Boys. -- By Liane Bonin
Welcome to TV Squad Lists, a feature where each blogger has a chance to list his or her own rundown of things in television that stand out from the rest, both good and bad.
A few summers ago, I discovered reruns of Melrose Place on the Style Channel. The show had always been a sort of kryptonite for me, since I never watched it during its original run. Basically, if anyone wanted to "Stump the King" all they had to do was ask me a Melrose question. Since it was summer and I had little to watch, I decided to give it a look. Well, I fell in love with it. When I told people that I had been watching the show and loving it, they were shocked. I was hard pressed to come up with concrete reasons why I was so taken with the show but here is what I came up with.
1. I'm watching my friends.
Even though the stories are ridiculous (Michael trying to kill Sydney, Kimberly blowing up the building, etc.), I can't wait to see what happens to these characters, because I have so much invested. Andrew Shue can play soccer and pretend he's a philanthropist till he's dead for all I care, but Billy Campbell has became a dear friend and if I go too long without seeing him, I miss him (yes, in a gay way).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from the Mid-Season Premiere
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 19 Moments of Love and Sacrifice from 'Prayer for the Dying'
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.12 Photos: Dean Becomes a Teenager
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.12: Hayley Faces Difficult Decision
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.12 Photos: Malcolm Merlyn Joins the Team
- More From BuddyTV
- Elementary Boss: After Kitty's Exit, Sherlock and Watson Must 'Evolve'
- Criminal Minds Spinoff Pilot Adds Breaking Bad Star Anna Gunn
- Parenthood Finale: Show Boss Talks Flash-Forward Surprises, Deleted Scenes and That FNL Cameo
- Scandal Returns: The 7 Craziest Reveals About Olivia's Vanishing
- More From TVLine