A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Chase Tatum: The young wrestler was also an actor, having appeared on TV shows such as Punk'd and music videos for Outkast (he was once their road manager). He also appeared in the 2007 movie Who's Your Caddy? and appeared as a baby in the 1976 horror flick Creature From Black Lake. Police say the 34 year-old died of an accidental drug overdose.
The Threshold DVD has been out for a while now. But for casual fans like myself who liked the show but don't really feel like shelling out forty bucks for the DVD set, this is good news. As Bob mentioned here, Sci-Fi has been airing repeats of the first nine episodes and it was supposed to include the final four installments of the series. No dates were set for those at the time though. Now we have them and they're coming... tonight.
The final four Threshold episodes ("The Crossing," "Outbreak," "Vigilante," and series finale "Alienville") will air in a row starting at 8PM tonight on the Sci-Fi channel. Supposedly, the finale is supposed to be completely ridiculous (in a good way), so I'm looking forward to seeing how things turned out for Dr. Molly Caffrey and the rest of her team.
- The Bill Cosby Show - Season One
- A Bit of Fry and Laurie - Season One and Season Two
- Blue Thunder - Complete Series
- Conviction - Complete Series
- House - Season Two
- Invasion - Complete Series
- Threshold - Complete Series
- Veronica Mars - Second Season
ABC has ordered a pilot from Charmed producer Daniel Cerone and Threshold producer David Heyman called Crime Prevention Unit, based on a British detective series.
The series follows a crack investigative team that solves crimes. So it's like Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. Or CSI. Or CSI: Miami. Or CSI: NY. Or The Closer. Or how about Criminal Minds? Maybe with a dash of Numb3rs or Without a Trace mixed in?
Hey, it could be good, but how about a cool, old-fashioned private eye show, like Magnum, P.I. or Spenser: For Hire, huh?
Other tidbits about how season one of Threshold was supposed to end after the jump.
It looks like the Sci Fi Channel is actually going to run science fiction and fantasy shows in the near future. Shocking! Especially since it has recently dabbled in airing such shows as Law & Order:SVU and, deep breath, Extreme Championship Wrestling (no, I will never get over it!).
The network has recently picked up the rights to Star Trek:Enterprise, the prequel series that took place 150 years before the original. Enterprise aired on UPN from 2001-2005 to mixed reviews. The deal for Enterprise, which will premiere in the fall on the Sci Fi Channel, also included an extension of the network's contract for the original The Twilight Zone episodes.
The deal also includes rights to the Stephen King miniseries The Stand and The Langoliers, as well as a number of science fiction and supernatural shows that never completed their initial network runs. These include Threshold, Wolf Lake, Haunted, and Jake 2.0.
- On the cover: a sci-fi "preview," with covers featuring the original Star Trek, Smallville, Battlestar Galactica, and Lost. The Trek preview is about J.J. Abrams big screen movie, but I think it's just another excuse to put the show (and Lost) on the damn cover, and have yet another multi-cover issue.
- Matt Roush reviews the summer shows Work Out, Life on Mars, Inspector Lewis, Who Wants To Be A Superhero, and Walter Cronkite: Witness To History. He likes them all except one. Can you guess which one?
- An interview with Brotherhood's Jason Isaacs.
- In the print edition: a Q & A with Matt Dallas from Kyle XY; a guest column from comic book legend Stan Lee; behind the scenes of the CMA Music Festival; and find out what would have happened if Threshold hadn't been canceled!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 10: Semifinals Part 1 Performance Rankings
- Oscar-Nominated Actor Gary Busey Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21
- 'Scream' Season 1 Finale Recap: Who is the Killer?
- The 14 Best Sidekicks on TV Right Now
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: The Semifinals Get Underway
- More From BuddyTV
- Gary Busey Joins Dancing With the Stars — See His Over-the-Top Announcement
- Scream EP Talks [Spoiler]'s Surprising Accomplice, Possible Season 2 Returns
- Scream's Killer Talks 'Awesome' Finale Reveal — Plus: Grade the Episode
- NBC Eyes Modern Brides of Dracula Drama from Greg Berlanti, Glee Vet
- Report: Game of Thrones Snags Borgias Vet for Pivotal Season 6 Role
- More From TVLine
- Star Sightings August 2015
- Kylie Jenner Dyes Her Hair 'Dirty Blonde,' Also Gets New Piercing
- Andrew Garfield on Exploring Fatherhood: 'Exciting, Daunting and Scary'
- EXCLUSIVE: Mark Wahlberg Helps a Friend Squeeze Into Skinny Jeans on 'Wahlburgers' Finale
- Naomi Campbell Shows Off Amazing Bikini Bod at 45
- More From ET