My favorite part of this Hollywood Reporter article is that MTV is now referred to as a "lifestyle cable channel." Maybe the M stands for Mood now. Apparently A Shot at Love With Tila Tequila ranks as the second highest-rated show on MTV this past year, behind only the perennial MTV Video Music Awards. One of the most entertaining 'characters' on the show was Milan-born contestant Domenico Nesci. And even though he didn't win Tila's heart, he did win a show of his own.
So for six hour-long episodes and a reunion special we can watch That's Amore, where Nesci selects among fifteen bachelorettes. I guess if one of those ladies proves popular we can expect a quick spinoff for that contestant as well. It's nice to see that reality shows have finally jumped on the spinoff bandwagon. Why leave it just for the movies (Evan Almighty) and scripted television (Private Practice).
What's happening on other blogs via the interweb.
- Who would win in a fight between Captain Kirk and The Fonz?
- A quiz: Is it from Shakespeare or The Hills?
- Everything's better on the set of Grey's Anatomy this season.
- In the Huffington Post's video round-up, Meredith Vieira tries extreme sports, Gordon Ramsay gets into an argument with a restaurant patron in New Jersey, and Tila Tequila gives a grandmother a lapdance.
- Which Wisteria Lane character is going to die tonight?
- The writers from The Late Show with David Letterman are keeping a funny blog during the strike.
- That interview that Bill O'Reilly did with ALF the other night was incredibly lame.
Here are the weekly cable ratings, by number of viewers.
Whoa, whoa, and (one more) whoa. We get a top 10 list this week that not only has no sign of Hannah Montana but also includes shows like Shot At Love: Tila Tequila, The Hills, and I Love New York 2? Who do these upstarts think they are, horning in this week? At least we have Monday Night Football and SpongeBob at the top so all seems normal with the universe.
1. Monday Night Football (ESPN)
According to Monsters and Critics, singer, video vixen and popular MySpace personality Tila Tequila (real name Tila Nguyen) may soon have her own series on VH1. Nguyen says she plans to "push the envelope," with her new series, which, based on her YouTube videos, I assume means she'll be half-dressed through most of the show to distract people from her singing. There are no real details on the series just yet, and no official word when or if it will debut.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Recap: Devotion and Desperation Lead to Big Moves and Confrontations
- 'The Messengers' Recap: Dealing with Pestilence
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe on Pre-Fantasy Suite Sex: 'I Don't Know Why Everyone is So Shocked'
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- More From BuddyTV
- Anne Meara, Actress/Comedian and Half of Stiller & Meara, Dead at 85
- Quotes of the Week From The Flash, Late Show, Game of Thrones and More
- Sharon Osbourne on Hiatus from CBS' The Talk Due to 'Extreme Exhaustion'
- Orphan Black Boss Talks [Spoiler]'s Sacrifice, Angry Felix, Twerking Alison
- Saturday Night Live: Watch Season 40's 15 Best Sketches Now!
- More From TVLine
- Star Sightings May 2015
- Happy Anniversary, Kimye! Take a Look Back at Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's First Year of Marriage
- Kim Kardashian & Kris Humphries' Failed Wedding Birthed A New California Law
- Celebs React to Ireland's Historic Same-Sex Marriage Vote
- Sharon Osbourne to Take Month Leave From 'The Talk' After Collapse
- More From ET