My favorite part of this Hollywood Reporter article is that MTV is now referred to as a "lifestyle cable channel." Maybe the M stands for Mood now. Apparently A Shot at Love With Tila Tequila ranks as the second highest-rated show on MTV this past year, behind only the perennial MTV Video Music Awards. One of the most entertaining 'characters' on the show was Milan-born contestant Domenico Nesci. And even though he didn't win Tila's heart, he did win a show of his own.
So for six hour-long episodes and a reunion special we can watch That's Amore, where Nesci selects among fifteen bachelorettes. I guess if one of those ladies proves popular we can expect a quick spinoff for that contestant as well. It's nice to see that reality shows have finally jumped on the spinoff bandwagon. Why leave it just for the movies (Evan Almighty) and scripted television (Private Practice).
What's happening on other blogs via the interweb.
- Who would win in a fight between Captain Kirk and The Fonz?
- A quiz: Is it from Shakespeare or The Hills?
- Everything's better on the set of Grey's Anatomy this season.
- In the Huffington Post's video round-up, Meredith Vieira tries extreme sports, Gordon Ramsay gets into an argument with a restaurant patron in New Jersey, and Tila Tequila gives a grandmother a lapdance.
- Which Wisteria Lane character is going to die tonight?
- The writers from The Late Show with David Letterman are keeping a funny blog during the strike.
- That interview that Bill O'Reilly did with ALF the other night was incredibly lame.
Here are the weekly cable ratings, by number of viewers.
Whoa, whoa, and (one more) whoa. We get a top 10 list this week that not only has no sign of Hannah Montana but also includes shows like Shot At Love: Tila Tequila, The Hills, and I Love New York 2? Who do these upstarts think they are, horning in this week? At least we have Monday Night Football and SpongeBob at the top so all seems normal with the universe.
1. Monday Night Football (ESPN)
According to Monsters and Critics, singer, video vixen and popular MySpace personality Tila Tequila (real name Tila Nguyen) may soon have her own series on VH1. Nguyen says she plans to "push the envelope," with her new series, which, based on her YouTube videos, I assume means she'll be half-dressed through most of the show to distract people from her singing. There are no real details on the series just yet, and no official word when or if it will debut.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Top 48 Acts of 'America's Got Talent' Season 9
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: The Roast with the Most
- 'Project Runway' Season 13 Premiere Recap: Fashion is in the Air
- Comic-Con 2014 Photos: The Cast of 'Under the Dome' in Pedicabs and Rachelle Lefevre Goes Blonde
- 'Penny Dreadful' at Comic-Con 2014: Season 2 Explores Ethan and a New Threat
- More From BuddyTV
- Hannibal Stars, Producers Talk 'Mic-Dropping' Finale, Preview Season 3's Talented Mr. Lecter Twists
- Sharknado 2's Ian Ziering Promises Jaw-Dropping OMG Moments, While Tara Reid... Wants to Party
- Penny Dreadful Men Field Burning Questions, Tease Season 2 'Bang-Fest'
- Hannibal @ Comic-Con: A Huge Return, Much Gillian Anderson and (Hopefully) Clarice Feed the Thriller's Future
- Reign Stars Preview Hands-On King Francis, Mary's Struggle, Shagging, Hugging and... a Rambo-Style Finale?
- More From TVLine
- Khloe Kardashian Talks Sex Life with French Montana
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Looks Funnier Than the First
- Morgan Freeman Sucks Down Helium on 'Tonight Show'
- 'Veronica Mars' Takes Top Prize At The MTVu Fandom Awards!
- From Wizard To Demon: Daniel Radcliffe Gets Devilish In Creepy New 'Horns' Poster
- More From ET