Recently, Paul mentioned that the ombudsman for children's television in Poland had come out against the Teletubbies, and Tinky Winky specifically, for promoting homosexuality.
To be fair, the comment about Teletubbies promoting homosexuality was brought up by journalists during a magazine interview, and ombudsman Ewa Sowinska replied by saying that, due to the "purse" carried by Tinky Winky, she would investigate these claims. I say "to be fair" not to defend Sowinska exactly, but just to point out that she was responding to claims made by others. Still, that doesn't quite explain how holding a "purse," or "money bag," or whatever the hell that thing is, equals being gay. I think someone needs to go back to Gay School and learn a lot more about that specific sexual orientation.
The conservative Polish government recently launched a probe to find out whether or not the children's show Teletubbies promotes a homosexual agenda. Much like the late Jerry Falwell, government appointee Ewa Sowinska is concerned that the show may have a negative effect on the children of Poland. Her concerns began when she "noticed (Tinky Winky) has a ladies purse, but (she) didn't realize he's a boy."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Parenthood 100th Episode Photos Tease Big Reconciliation, Heartbreaking Tragedy
- Revenge Welcomes Suits' Gina Torres as a Shady Socialite in Season 4
- TVLine Items: JAG Vet to Scorpion, Amy Adams' SNL Promos and More
- Covert Affairs Finale Sneak Peek: Can Calder Keep Auggie Safe?
- The Goldbergs Enlists Charlie Sheen to Reprise His Ferris Bueller Role
- More From TVLine
- Reese Witherspoon Loves Mindy Kaling's 'Wreath Witherspoon' Creation
- Stars Furious Over Sony Canceling 'The Interview': 'America Has Lost Its First Cyberwar'
- 7 Hilarous 'Family Feud' Responses
- 2014: The Year of the Booty
- How Well Do the Naked Rowers Recognize Each Other's Butts? We Put Them to The Test!
- More From ET