Recently, Paul mentioned that the ombudsman for children's television in Poland had come out against the Teletubbies, and Tinky Winky specifically, for promoting homosexuality.
To be fair, the comment about Teletubbies promoting homosexuality was brought up by journalists during a magazine interview, and ombudsman Ewa Sowinska replied by saying that, due to the "purse" carried by Tinky Winky, she would investigate these claims. I say "to be fair" not to defend Sowinska exactly, but just to point out that she was responding to claims made by others. Still, that doesn't quite explain how holding a "purse," or "money bag," or whatever the hell that thing is, equals being gay. I think someone needs to go back to Gay School and learn a lot more about that specific sexual orientation.
The conservative Polish government recently launched a probe to find out whether or not the children's show Teletubbies promotes a homosexual agenda. Much like the late Jerry Falwell, government appointee Ewa Sowinska is concerned that the show may have a negative effect on the children of Poland. Her concerns began when she "noticed (Tinky Winky) has a ladies purse, but (she) didn't realize he's a boy."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Where Are They Now?: A Relationship Status Update
- Why 'BoJack Horseman' Is The Best Netflix Original You're Not Watching
- 'Bachelorette' Runner-Up Nick Viall: ' I Think Shawn Really Enjoys My Misfortune'
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: The House Flips and New Targets Emerge
- 'Big Brother 17' Week 5: Vanessa's 2nd HoH Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Did True Detective Evoke Alias? Can GH's Luke Stay Gone? Is Hannibal Doc Dead? Risky Robot? And More TV Qs
- Friday Night Lights' Kyle Chandler Resurrects Coach Taylor on the Big Screen — Watch Video
- Antonio Banderas to Star in Starz Detective Drama Havana Quartet
- Black Sails Renewed for Season 4
- Doctor Who Boss on Maisie Williams' Character: 'She's Not Playing [Spoiler]'
- More From TVLine
- Why Gigi Hadid Is Glad to Work in the Age of Twitter and Instagram
- The Internet Is Not Impressed With Meek Mill's Drake Diss Track
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch Raven-Symoné and Zendaya Team Up in New 'K.C. Undercover' Special!
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Spends His 68th Birthday With Maria Shriver
- James Woods Sues Twitter User for $10 Million Over 'Cocaine Addict' Tweet
- More From ET