to tell the truth
While correspondent Isha Sesay read a story on Marg Helgenberger's recent swipe at Justin Bieber, producers surreptitiously inserted a still from the video that showed young Cooper in a furry, purple wig. "Why was that picture up there? Wait a minute," said Cooper. "How did ...? Where did this picture suddenly materialize from?"
We told you the other day that longtime To Tell The Truth panelist and patron of the arts Kitty Carlisle Hart had died at 96, and one of us here mentioned that GSN will probably air a tribute to her. And in fact, they are going to give her a tribute this weekend.
Yes, like you, I had just assumed she died several years ago, but Kitty Carlisle Hart lived a long, happy life and passed away today at the age of 96 after contacting pnuemonia in December.
TV fans will remember her for her long-running spot on To Tell The Truth. She was on the show from 1956 to 1967. Other TV appearances include a Kojak movie in 1990, The Howard Stern Show, I've Got A Secret, Password, and What's My Line.
She was also in the classic Marx Brothers comedy A Night At The Opera, as well as the films Radio Days and Six Degrees of Separation. She also appeared in several operas and Broadway plays and was awarded the National Medal of Arts from President Bush in 1991.
This list from last week, about the game shows they'd love to see return to the air, is no exception. Not only do they include the old favorites like Match Game, TattleTales, and To Tell the Truth, but a couple of obscure ones, like Hot Potato, Go and Second Chance (which was a forerunner to Press Your Luck). All of the items are accomapnied by video clips from YouTube, so you can get a good feeling for each show. My favorite obscure show on the list was Whew!, where a contestant had to traverse a "gauntlet of villains" in the bonus game. It was a set-sized nightmare that was more show than game. The clip reminded me that I was transfixed by this show as an 8-year-old. But I hadn't quite gotten into baseball yet, so my taste was questionable at the time.
Anyway, which games shows do you want to be revived? Let me know in the comments.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 4 Episode Photos
- 'True Detective' Season 1 Finale Recap: Rust and Marty Bond Over Crazy
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Kenya Kills NeNe with Kindness
- 'Once Upon a Time' Mid-Season Premiere Recap: All Roads Lead to Storybrooke
- 'Resurrection' Review: A Mysterious and Intriguing Drama
- More From BuddyTV
- 'The Good Wife' Season 5, episode 13: Florrick-Agos is on to the NSA
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 4, episode 13 'Alone' recap: One step closer to a Terminus reunion
- 'Shameless' Season 4, episode 8 recap: Ian comes home, Lip gets lucky
- 'Cosmos' review: Neil deGrasse Tyson brings brilliant science, questionable history to the world
- 'Once Upon a Time' post mortem: Edward Kitsis, Adam Horowitz tease what's next
- More From Zap2it