to tell the truth
While correspondent Isha Sesay read a story on Marg Helgenberger's recent swipe at Justin Bieber, producers surreptitiously inserted a still from the video that showed young Cooper in a furry, purple wig. "Why was that picture up there? Wait a minute," said Cooper. "How did ...? Where did this picture suddenly materialize from?"
We told you the other day that longtime To Tell The Truth panelist and patron of the arts Kitty Carlisle Hart had died at 96, and one of us here mentioned that GSN will probably air a tribute to her. And in fact, they are going to give her a tribute this weekend.
Yes, like you, I had just assumed she died several years ago, but Kitty Carlisle Hart lived a long, happy life and passed away today at the age of 96 after contacting pnuemonia in December.
TV fans will remember her for her long-running spot on To Tell The Truth. She was on the show from 1956 to 1967. Other TV appearances include a Kojak movie in 1990, The Howard Stern Show, I've Got A Secret, Password, and What's My Line.
She was also in the classic Marx Brothers comedy A Night At The Opera, as well as the films Radio Days and Six Degrees of Separation. She also appeared in several operas and Broadway plays and was awarded the National Medal of Arts from President Bush in 1991.
This list from last week, about the game shows they'd love to see return to the air, is no exception. Not only do they include the old favorites like Match Game, TattleTales, and To Tell the Truth, but a couple of obscure ones, like Hot Potato, Go and Second Chance (which was a forerunner to Press Your Luck). All of the items are accomapnied by video clips from YouTube, so you can get a good feeling for each show. My favorite obscure show on the list was Whew!, where a contestant had to traverse a "gauntlet of villains" in the bonus game. It was a set-sized nightmare that was more show than game. The clip reminded me that I was transfixed by this show as an 8-year-old. But I hadn't quite gotten into baseball yet, so my taste was questionable at the time.
Anyway, which games shows do you want to be revived? Let me know in the comments.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bones' 200th Episode Photos: The Gang Goes to the 1950s
- 'Bones' Episode 10.9 Photos: Does Brennan Have a Problem with Aubrey?
- 7 Thanksgiving Episodes To Escape Your Family Drama -- Available to Stream Now
- The 25 Best Dances from 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19
- 'Hart of Dixie' Season 4 Premiere Photos: All About Zoe and Wade
- More From BuddyTV
- The Flash Recap: Future Shock
- The Voice Results Recap: Women on the Verge of a Total Breakdown
- Glee Season 6 First Look: Dramatic New Poster Bids Farewell to McKinley
- Once Upon a Time Photos: Kissing, Cuddling and Blackbeard Vs.... Anna?
- Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman to Star in Big Little Lies Limited Series; David E. Kelley to Serve as Writer/Showrunner
- More From TVLine
- Paul Rudd's College Yearbook Photo Will Blow Your Mind
- 9 Reasons Mariah Carey's ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You' Is the Best Holiday Song of All Time
- Rihanna Teases New Song From Upcoming Eighth Album
- Could Your Kid Be a Star? ET Goes Inside An LA Acting School For Kids
- Allison Williams' Surprising Peter Pan Diet: Donuts & Bagels & Everything Sinful
- More From ET