to tell the truth
While correspondent Isha Sesay read a story on Marg Helgenberger's recent swipe at Justin Bieber, producers surreptitiously inserted a still from the video that showed young Cooper in a furry, purple wig. "Why was that picture up there? Wait a minute," said Cooper. "How did ...? Where did this picture suddenly materialize from?"
We told you the other day that longtime To Tell The Truth panelist and patron of the arts Kitty Carlisle Hart had died at 96, and one of us here mentioned that GSN will probably air a tribute to her. And in fact, they are going to give her a tribute this weekend.
Yes, like you, I had just assumed she died several years ago, but Kitty Carlisle Hart lived a long, happy life and passed away today at the age of 96 after contacting pnuemonia in December.
TV fans will remember her for her long-running spot on To Tell The Truth. She was on the show from 1956 to 1967. Other TV appearances include a Kojak movie in 1990, The Howard Stern Show, I've Got A Secret, Password, and What's My Line.
She was also in the classic Marx Brothers comedy A Night At The Opera, as well as the films Radio Days and Six Degrees of Separation. She also appeared in several operas and Broadway plays and was awarded the National Medal of Arts from President Bush in 1991.
This list from last week, about the game shows they'd love to see return to the air, is no exception. Not only do they include the old favorites like Match Game, TattleTales, and To Tell the Truth, but a couple of obscure ones, like Hot Potato, Go and Second Chance (which was a forerunner to Press Your Luck). All of the items are accomapnied by video clips from YouTube, so you can get a good feeling for each show. My favorite obscure show on the list was Whew!, where a contestant had to traverse a "gauntlet of villains" in the bonus game. It was a set-sized nightmare that was more show than game. The clip reminded me that I was transfixed by this show as an 8-year-old. But I hadn't quite gotten into baseball yet, so my taste was questionable at the time.
Anyway, which games shows do you want to be revived? Let me know in the comments.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 16' HG Derrick Levasseur's Grandfather Dies
- 'Sleepy Hollow' at Comic-Con 2014: Ichabod and Abbie's 'Spicy' Relationship, the New Sheriff and More
- [Video] 'Arrow' at Comic-Con: Watch the New Season 3 Trailer
- [Video] 'The Originals' at Comic-Con 2014: First Look at Season 2, Klaus' Daddy Issues and Returning Characters
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'The Judges Decide'
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Graceland's Serinda Swan
- Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz Talk Bones' Big Changes, Booth's Beard and a Volatile Marriage Topic
- Sleepy Hollow @ Comic-Con: 'Whatever You Think Is Coming, Isn't Coming'
- Arrow @ Comic-Con: Season 3 Trailer Has Happy Oliver, Bloody Felicity?! Plus: Scoop on 'Oracle,' Darker Thea
- The Originals @ Comic-Con: Season 2 Trailer, Plus Cast Promise 'Twisted Fairytale,' Vengeful Klaus and Hayley
- More From TVLine
- Garth Brooks Breaks His Personal Record In Ticket Sales
- Game of Thrones Bloopers and New Characters Revealed at Comic-Con
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Trailer Debuts at Comic-Con
- iJustine Hunts Down the Craziest Costume at Comic-Con Day 2
- Jada Pinkett Smith Talks Playing A Villian on 'Gotham'
- More From ET