Now, on to this episode. We've all seen Courteney Cox play neurotic; she played neurotic for ten seasons on Friends. But we've also seen her play tough, confident and warm, whether it was on Friends or any of her other roles. Right now, either via the writing or the way she interprets the role, she's playing Jules Cobb as a purely neurotic mess, and a loud one at that. It's not endearing, it doesn't help me connect with Jules' plight, and, most importantly, it's not funny.
Tonight's episode was Jules at her most neurotic, and it made for the least funny episode of the first four. It's a bad trend that's starting to make me worry about the overall health of the show.
That's the best thing I can say about this episode, to be honest. This one was less funny than last week's episode, which was less funny than the pilot. At least last week's episode had some heartfelt emotion behind it, so the lack of laughs could be excused. But this episode didn't even have that, which made most of what was supposed to be funny fall flat.
The 2009 Super Bowl in Tampa reportedly has landed Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band to anchor the Super Bowl halftime show. It'll be The Boss's first time performing for the NFL's biggest show.
One thing we can count on with Springsteen, there'll be no wardrobe malfunctions. Even if Little Steven whips off his bandana, the censors won't care. Ever since Justin Timberlake ripped the top off Janet Jackson and got a chunk of bra to go with it, revealing her breast to the ogling TV audience, the networks have been careful to keep the halftime shows purely musical.
Abdul, 45, hasn't had a major album release since 1995 (Head Over Heels), nor a #1 hit since 1991's "Promise of a New Day." Simon has given her constant ribbing for her lack of a career in the past ten-plus years, challenging her on numerous occasions to shut up and dance (or sing) on American Idol, but she's yet to meet his challenge. Considering that Abdul has kept herself in incredible shape, and more than likely can sing as well as she ever did, she shouldn't have any problem pulling off a good performance (so long as she watches what she puts in her cup). However, if she fails, you can expect the ribbing on the judge's panel to be ruthless from here through the end of Idol's seventh season.
(S10E15) Since this season ended with Luanne getting pregnant, I assume we'll be seeing a new addition to the cast of King of the Hill come next season.
Other than Luanne's announcement that she's pregnant with Lucky's (played by Tom Petty) child, the rest of the episode was rather low key. Peggy, always a tad naive, believes Luann could realize her true potential and really make something of her life if she just applied herself and didn't keep falling for dumb rednecks like Lucky. Hank isn't especially fond of Lucky at first, either, but eventually he realizes that despite his exterior, Lucky does actually have a sense of right and wrong, even if his morals are wrapped up in an odd "code of honor" which makes him return shaving cream he borrowed from Hank in a baggy. Also, Lucky feels he can't marry Luanne without his GED. Unfortunately, Peggy sabotages his chance by teaching him the wrong stuff.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Kardashians' Star Khloe Kardashian Denies She Kicked Out Her Brother Rob Out of Her House
- 'Bachelor' Star Chris Soules and Other Stars from the Franchise to Grace Rose Parade
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Does Phaedra Fall for Apollo's Stunt?
- 'Glee' Episodes 6.3 and 6.4 Photos: A Love Triangle for Kurt
- 'Glee' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Everyone Comes Back to McKinley
- More From BuddyTV
- Pretty Little Liars Sneak Peek: Is This Emily and Paige's Last Goodbye?
- The Affair Season Finale Recap: They Can't Handle the Truth
- Homeland Finale Recap: Mother Lode
- Quotes of the Week: The 100, NCIS: LA, Vanderpump, Freak Show and More
- Amy Adams Hosts SNL: Watch Video of Best and Worst Sketches
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Mark Ruffalo Shares Advice to His Younger Self
- How Stacy Keibler Got Her Abs Back Four Months After Giving Birth
- Jill (Duggar) Dillard Celebrates 6-Month Anniversary with Wedding Kiss Pics
- Hackers Threaten to Release Iggy Azalea's Alleged Sex Tape
- Kelly Clarkson Performs 'Silent Night' with Trisha Yearwood and Reba McEntire
- More From ET