(S04E16) "Whuck?!" - Liz's shortened version of "What the F**k?"
This was one of those episodes of '30 Rock' where the Jenna and Tracy plot (yes, they seem to have plots together 97% of the time) really dragged the show down. Every line seemed forced, every scene seemed to be filled with over the top wackiness, and the whole thing just felt like desperation filler, as if even the writers knew they're running out of ideas on how to get Jenna and Tracy and Kenneth into the plot. Even Kenneth recognized it and told Pete that he has problems with Jenna and Tracy so often he should come up with a word that means the same thing, "Trennapro."
That's funny and I'm sure '30 Rock' reviewers will use that word to describe a Jenna/Tracy plot, but the rest of it just made me sigh and cross my arms (except for a couple of lines Kenneth said telling his stories). I mean, I enjoyed the killer clown mask that Chris Parnell wore in the Dr. Pepper commercial at the end of the show. Why couldn't Dr. Spaceman have been one of the plots this week?
Also: are women really more loose on Halloween? [Watch clips and episodes of 30 Rock and other shows at SlashControl.]
Every Christmas I look forward to the new slate of holiday episodes. Since I have seen most holiday specials more than enough times, I always enjoy a new holiday themed episode of a current show.
Last year, it was The Office. Michael's hilarious trip to Benihana was a delightful addition to the collection of classic episodes that TV Land will eventually show every year at this time. While I was also happy to see it repeated again this year, the feelings were bittersweet because I knew that if it weren't for the current WGA strike, there would have probably been another great one.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TV Ratings: 'Grimm,''Enlisted' rise while 'Hannibal,''Shark Tank' fall
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8: Steve Thompson, Phil Ford confirmed as writers
- 'The Vampire Diaries' says goodbye to Katherine: Watch her best moments
- Amy Sedaris joins Jane Krakowski's FOX comedy pilot 'Dead Boss'
- 'The Flash': 'Arrow' spinoff casts Patrick Sabongui as Captain David Singh
- More From Zap2it
- Pilot Scoop: Supernatural Spin-Off Gets a New Title, Casts Its Final Series Regular
- Ratings: Grimm, Enlisted and Undercover Boss Tick Up, Hannibal Falls
- Performer of the Week: Castle's Stana Katic
- Rachel Boston Talks Finding Love in Hallmark Channel's A Ring By Spring
- True Detective's 9 Most Profound Pieces of Wisdom, As Told By Cats
- More From TVLine