Hey gang, here's what happening in the world of cartoons:
A new Simpsons game, possibly created to coincide with the movie, has been showing up on some retailer's list as "The Simpsons Game." Electronic Arts is publishing the game, which will be available for pretty much all the major platforms, including Wii.
The show resembles Thunderbirds in some ways, except it uses dolls rather than marionettes. The dolls have no real decernible mouth movements, and the whole show seems less like an action adventure and more like watching people playing with dolls for half an hour. Those lackluster production values could almost be forgiven if the characters, especially Scar, weren't so cloying. Scar is meant to be the comic relief, but his lines are delivered with all the grace and subtly of an egg beater being crammed up your nose. By the end of the episode I wanted to take their dolls away until they promised never to make a show like this again.
A bit of research revealed that Wulin Warriors is actually an Americanized version of a popular Taiwanese program. Therefore, I'll allow that perhaps something (or everything) was lost in the translation. Cartoon Network has always tried to place the best shows in its "speciality" blocks like Toonami and Adult Swim, and I'm not sure exactly how something this lackluster made it to air. Apparently thirteen episodes of the show have been created, and if it lasts beyond that, I'll be surprised.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Criminal Minds' Episode 10.19 Photos: Meet the FBI's International Unit
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.18 Photos: Elena Reevaluates Her Vampire Life
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.17 Photos: Sam and Cas Investigate the Mark of Cain
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.19 Photos: Everyone Observes a Big Surgery
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Psychic in the Soup'
- More From BuddyTV
- Dwayne Johnson Hosts SNL: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015 Winners: Modern Family, Austin & Ally and More
- Ratings: Grimm Hits Low, Cristela Slips, Hart of Dixie Finale Flat
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Jane the Virgin, Forever and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Walking Dead's Andrew Lincoln
- More From TVLine
- Meghan Trainor on 'Dear Future Husband' Video: 'I Don't Think It's Sexist'
- Is There a New Woman in Nick Cannon's Life?
- 5 Seconds of Summer Sympathizes With One Direction After Zayn Malik's Departure
- Cody Simpson Responds to Gigi Hadid Cocaine Scandal: 'She Would Never Do Anything Like That'
- 6 Favorite Moments from the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards
- More From ET