Hey gang, here's what happening in the world of cartoons:
A new Simpsons game, possibly created to coincide with the movie, has been showing up on some retailer's list as "The Simpsons Game." Electronic Arts is publishing the game, which will be available for pretty much all the major platforms, including Wii.
The show resembles Thunderbirds in some ways, except it uses dolls rather than marionettes. The dolls have no real decernible mouth movements, and the whole show seems less like an action adventure and more like watching people playing with dolls for half an hour. Those lackluster production values could almost be forgiven if the characters, especially Scar, weren't so cloying. Scar is meant to be the comic relief, but his lines are delivered with all the grace and subtly of an egg beater being crammed up your nose. By the end of the episode I wanted to take their dolls away until they promised never to make a show like this again.
A bit of research revealed that Wulin Warriors is actually an Americanized version of a popular Taiwanese program. Therefore, I'll allow that perhaps something (or everything) was lost in the translation. Cartoon Network has always tried to place the best shows in its "speciality" blocks like Toonami and Adult Swim, and I'm not sure exactly how something this lackluster made it to air. Apparently thirteen episodes of the show have been created, and if it lasts beyond that, I'll be surprised.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'An Innocent Man'
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.8 Photos: Olivia in White
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.7 Photos: Amelia's Addiction Causes Problems
- 'Gotham' Episode 8 Photos: Bruce Goes Back to School and Finds a New Friend
- 'Bones' Episode 10.7 Photos: Booth Has More Issues With Aubrey
- More From BuddyTV
- Check Out Jane Fonda as Mr. Burns' New Girlfriend on 'The Simpsons'
- Tori Spelling Breaks Down After Seeing Her Ex-Husband
- Child Services Investigating Honey Boo Boo's Family, Grandmother Says
- Honey Boo Boo's Sister Anna Cardwell Tells ET: 'He's a Child Molester, Mama'
- 'The Talk' Cast Looks Unrecognizable in Their Halloween Costumes
- More From ET