According to TorrentFreak.com, 'Lost' logged 5.94 million illegal downloads for a single episode. 'Heroes,' a show with much lower Nielsen ratings, had an episode downloaded 5.48 million times.
The two dramas both had intense fan followings, yet 'Lost' won over critics season after season and maintained decent, though declining, Nielsen ratings. During its time on the air, 'Heroes' suffered a steep loss in both critical acclaim and viewers.
'Lost' was seen by an estimated 13.57 million viewers, 'Heroes' by 5.3 million, meaning more people downloaded 'Heroes' then viewing it.
The rest of the list is below.
This article on Lifehacker.com lists a bunch of different ways to catch various TV episodes online for free. Since the name of the site involves the word "hacker", one can assume that some of these methods may not be entirely legal. Repeat at your own risk.
As someone who doesn't own any kind of recording device for the TV but has a great computer monitor, I tend to go to the network websites to catch episodes of certain shows. I'd hate to miss a week of Heroes or Bionic Woman and I'm glad the networks offer a chance to watch missed episodes online at one's leisure with minimal commercial interruption.
I guess not everyone feels the same way we do. The Wall Street Journal recounts how pirated videos for ten pilots -- including Jericho, The Nine, and Heroes -- are making their way around the Internet. This is putting the networks in an odd position; they like the advanced buzz that has developed amongst the public before the shows even air, but they're upset because their shows are being pirated. For instance, a CBS spokesperson told the WSJ that "[w]e're pleased that there's an early demand for our shows but the marketing benefits can't excuse what is illegal theft of our programming."
What the article explains to me is how all these TVS readers have been able to see the pilots, as we've seen in the comments for our network previews. Actually, I kind of knew that these pilots were available as Torrents, but I guess I was just in denial.
The movie is for sale on this website or you can download it here (legally and for free!) but you need to have the torrent software to do so. I don't have the software on my computer yet so I can't tell you much more about it. But, TV Squad reader Tucker did notify us that Jenna Fischer (Pam on The Office) makes an appearance with her husband, who directed Nathan Fillion (Mal) in Slither.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Vampire Diaries' Quotes from 'Fifty Shades of Grayson'
- 'American Horror Story: Coven': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Head'
- Best 'Arrow' Quotes from 'Three Ghosts'
- 'Nashville': 2 Jaw-Dropping and 12 Surprising Moments from 'Tomorrow Never Comes'
- 'Scandal' Fall Finale Recap: The Devil Came In
- More From BuddyTV
- 'The X Factor': Restless Road think Alex and Sierra will win
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kurt Sutter gets medieval pilot at FX with Brian Grazer
- 'Saturday Night Live' adding black female cast member in January
- 'Scandal' fall finale recap: The devil came in through 'A Door Marked Exit'
- 'The Michael J. Fox Show' Season 1, episode 11: Annie puts Sting into Mike's 'Christmas'
- More From Zap2it
- Post Mortem: Scandal EP Breaks Down the Fall Finale's Big Twists — Including [Spoiler]'s Return
- Parenthood Recap: A Heartbreaking Twist, Forbidden Feelings and a Surprise Return
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Altar Egos
- The X Factor Season 3 Semifinal Results Recap: What Doesn't Kill You Makes a Fighter
- Post Mortem: Vampire Diaries Boss on 'Delena' Troubles, Katherine's Future and More
- More From TVLine