toy story 2
Even though TV Squad's very own John Scott Lewinski is fighting his way through hordes of overweight Rorschachs and pre-pubescent Chun Lis to get exclusive interviews and scoops on the newest TV news at the San Diego Comic Con, don't forget that our partners-in-crime from Cinematical are also there covering the latest flim-flam in film.
The movie side of the annual pop-culture cavalcade opened with one of the biggest names in the history of film and what could very well be one of the biggest names in the future of film. Director James Cameron screened a solid 25 minutes of his forthcoming sci-fi epic Avatar. Blogger Todd Gilchrist got a hint of the plot and special effects movie-goers can expect when the film hits theaters later this year and said it "promises to be both hugely entertaining and technically groundbreaking." Man, that's got me worried. That's what they also said about Titanic.
Well, this is unfortunate news. We told you last week that singer and actor Robert Goulet was in Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, sedated and awaiting a lung transplant. Now comes news that Goulet passed away this morning.
Goulet had a really long career on stage, TV, and in film. He gained fame playing Sir Lancelot on Broadway in Camelot in 1960 with Richard Burton and Julie Andrews. He went on to many other stage productions (Carousel, Meet Me In St. Louis, La Cage Aux Folles, The Pajama Game, and others), movies (Toy Story 2, Atlantic City), and TV shows (everything from The Love Boat and Murder, She Wrote to Mission: Impossible and Howdy Doody). In the past several years he enjoyed spoofing himself, in movies such as The Naked Gun 2 1/2 to talk show appearances to stints on ESPN and those weird Emerald Nuts ads. He sings the theme to Jimmy Kimmel Live too.
Goulet suffered from Interstitial Pulmonary Fibrosis. He leaves his wife of 25 years and three children.
- At 8, ABC has Toy Story 2, followed by a new episode of...The Evidence?! Weird how these forgotten shows come out of the woodwork in the summer. But they can't show those unseen eps of Eyes?
- CBS has repeats of NCIS, Cold Case, and 48 Hours Mystery.
- NBC has Game 3 of the Oilers/Hurricanes hockey playoff at 8.
- Over on FOX at 8, a new Cops, then a repeat Cops, then a new America's Most Wanted.
- TBS has Old School at 8, while E! has Dazed and Confused.
- Also at 8: Cartoon Network has a new Zatch Bell.
- At 9, TLC has a new Trading Spaces.
- VH-1 has a new Behind The Scenes at 9, profiling Nick Lachey.
- There's a new Naruto on Cartoon Network, at 9.
- At 10, VH-1 has Showgirls. Ha!
- Also at 10: IFC has a new Henry Rollins Show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TV's 25 Sexiest Women of the New Fall 2014 Season
- 'Under the Dome': 17 Shocking Moments from 'The Fall'
- Death Watch 2014: What Will Be the First New Fall Show to Get Cancelled?
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Party String and a Cold Shower Spell Trouble
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: What Will Scott Become?
- More From BuddyTV
- Scandal Season 4 Poster Warns There's 'No Looking Back' for Olivia
- Ratings: Dome Hits Low, Ninja Ticks Up, Mistresses Down Vs. Previous Finale
- TVLine Items: General Hospital Recasts Jason, OITNB Star Is Faking It & More
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Poster Declares: 'Hunt or Be Hunted'
- Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites!
- More From TVLine
- Justin Bieber Arrested During ATV Date With Selena Gomez, Charged With Assault
- Angelina Jolie Has the Most Unique Wedding Dress Ever
- Joan Rivers Remains on Life Support Says Daughter Melissa in New Statement
- Britney Spears Puts Cheating Ex on Blast During Las Vegas Show
- CeeLo Green Deletes Twitter Account After Rape Tweet
- More From ET