He turned it around to Ferguson, though, saying that they looked just like their father. "I'll be sure to pass on your opinion to my wife," Ferguson said.
Adkins then admitted that it took until his second grandchild to get a boy in the house. He has five daughters ranging in age from 26 to 7. "He's completely worthless," Adkins said of his grandson. "He doesn't help me at all ... He needs to step it up."
"I can't make my move 'cause I'm scared of that Miranda girl," Handler lamented, referencing Shelton's wife, singer Miranda Lambert.
"Me too," Adkins admitted. "Blake's scared of her too."
The host claimed that Trace Adkins had punched it. This segued into a story familiar to them both: Adkins' second wife shot him (through his heart and both lungs) in 1994. McConaughey couldn't help laughing at the very idea.
"I've made some women mad in my life, but none of them shot me yet," said Ferguson. McConaughey said that he has "a great woman who doesn't bring too much [beep] high-maintenance into my life."
As is his way, Ferguson chided the actor for cussing -- by using a string of profanities.
But things got serious when Ferguson mentioned Matthew McConaughey and stumbled over the pronunciation of it.
"Pronounce his name correctly," Adkins warned. "He gets mad if you don't."
Adkins, who has sold more than 10 million albums, has plenty of TV experience already, having been the runner-up on the first season of NBC's 'The Celebrity Apprentice.' He's also done guest spots on 'Yes, Dear' and 'King of the Hill.'
For his part, however, Adkins is only the latest country music performer to try his hand at TV acting, with trio Rascal Flatts signing on to appear on 'CSI' later this season.
I mean, really ... Dennis Rodman? Dice Clay? Tom Green? Joan and Melissa Rivers? A Kardashian sister that isn't Kim? No wonder why the only people who leaked the news were Letterman and Conan; they cast is barely even worthy of late-night monologue scorn.
After weeks of tasks, bickering between Piers and Omarosa, "You're fired!" and money raised for charity, Donald Trump finally said the words "You're hired!" (figuratively) to one of the two final contestants: America's Got Talent judge Piers Morgan and country singer Trace Adkins. Since I know some of you haven't watched the finale yet, I'll name who was crowned winner of the first edition of NBC's The Celebrity Apprentice after the jump. I can confirm though that it's a man!
In an unsurprising move, Donald Trump decided in last week's episode to have Piers Morgan and Trace Adkins face off during the final task. This decision goes against that of CNBC's Erin Burnett and Jim Cramer, brought on to interview the Top 4 contestants, but The Donald knew better than to have Carol Alt and Trace as the final two contestants. Both are really good contestants and played a clean game but, let's admit it, a live finale with Carol and Trace is not as promising as a Piers and Trace one ratings-wise.
I didn't expect Tom Cruise or Julia Roberts or even Teri Hatcher to sign up for this, but since when is Omarosa a "celebrity?" She's known for...um...The Apprentice!
And now she's going to compete on NBC's Celebrity Apprentice along with Marilu Henner, Carol Alt, softball player Jennie Finch, and America's Got Talent judge Piers Morgan. I think they were either going to do Celebrity Apprentice on a late night informercial or a cable reality show.
To be fair, there are some good names here, including Vincent Pastore and Gene Simmons, but overall the cast really leaves me cold. Not that I'm a regular viewer of The Apprentice (the first season interesting, and I watched the Martha Stewart version, and then...), but I would have definitely tuned in to this if they had gotten some more interesting celebs. But what do I know. This will probably be a massive hit.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 3 Biggest Differences Between 'True Detective' Season 1 and Season 2
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Where Does Everyone Stand in Week 2?
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 1
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 2 Power of Veto?
- 'Big Brother 17': Why The Twin Twist Has Been Terribly Disappointing
- More From BuddyTV
- Heroes Reborn: Animated Character Posters Reveal the Newbies' Powers
- Falling Skies: Drew Roy Talks Confusing 'Warrior' Cry, Hal's Triangle Troubles
- Performer of the Week: Missy Peregrym
- Chicago Fire Season 4: Casey Has Gone Missing! — What Happens Next?
- A.D. The Bible Continues Cancelled
- More From TVLine
- Kourtney Kardashian Celebrates the Fourth of July with Kids as Scott Disick Parties in Monaco
- Stars Are Seeing Red, White & Blue While Celebrating the Fourth of July
- Miley Cyrus Doubles Down on Patriotic Gear for the Fourth of July -- See the Pics!
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Writes Heartwarming Handwritten Letter to Ailing Fan
- Kelly Rutherford Reunites With Her Children in New York City
- More From ET