Have you ever wondered what it would be like if American Idol's Katharine McPhee decided to give up her dreams of stardom and just settle into weather reporting?
Of course you haven't, but that's what happened at a St. Louis news station when McPhee, before her interview, decided to jump into the middle of the weather report to give the weatherman a hard time for being a Taylor Hicks fan, and to try her hand at reporting the weather. It turns out it's not that easy: you have to know where to point, and you have to ad lib.
James isn't the first celebrity grease monkey to get hit with fines. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration fined the customizers behind Pimp My Ride for replacing steering wheel air bags with TV monitors. The between-seat popcorn poppers, rims-turned-fish tanks and fold-out ping-pong tables weren't a problem. I'm surprised it's taken authorities this long to figure out that vehicles nicknamed "666 El Diablo" and the "Undertaker" aren't street legal. As a rule, air regulators, any school bus with a jet engine strapped to its chassis is probably gonna be in violation.
(S03E05) I'm starting to get the feeling that writing for this show must be a real pain in the you know what. On the surface, a cop show. Bad guy commits crime, good guys get him. But with Numb3rs, all the writers and producers have to factor in all the mathematical equations and algorithms that Charlie, Amita, and Larry are going to use. The writers must have to spend countless hours consulting with mathematicians to determine what algebraic techniques will actually make the most sense in a given case, and then on top of all that, they have to write a story that actually incorporates them logically. It sounds tough, doesn't it?
This is the third new cast member to be arrested for traffic violations. Adewale's infractions don't seem as serious as last year's drunken driving arrests of Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros. The two actresses played 'Ana Lucia' and 'Libby' up until the season finale when the writers killed the pair off.
I guess Bernard is next. I'm thinking he'll be busted for indecent exposure. Or hit and run, since there seems to be a traffic theme.
YouTube is quickly becoming a great place for local news bloopers. A friend alerted me to this one the other day. The anchor's slip-up about a Mount Everest climber just defies explanation. I don't want to ruin it for you, just check it out.
And, Lost Remote brought two other clips to my attention. One is a rapping traffic report. By a white girl. With blonde hair. And she's rapping about morning commute traffic. In North Carolina. The other clip is of the Terre Haute, Indiana weather wars promos featured prominently on The Daily Show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'SYTYCD' Predictions: Which Top 16 Dancers Are Safe?
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: Welcome to Judgment Week
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' Season 6 Finale Recap: Aviva Loses Her Head and Her Leg
- 'Chasing Life' Recap: Bylines and Goodbyes
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Season 2 Cast Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Supernatural's Jensen Ackles Previews Demon Dean — Plus: A Musical Hour?
- Hot in Cleveland Sneak Peek: A Surprise Wedding for Chris Colfer?
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: One Flew Into the Cuckoo's Nest
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Grey's, Supernatural, P'hood, Flash, Scandal, Bones, NCIS and More
- Regina King Joins American Crime Drama, Books Big Bang Encore
- More From TVLine
- Vanessa Lachey Shows Off Baby Bump in a Very Strange Outfit
- Hilary Duff's New Music Is Coming Sooner Than You Think
- Steve Irwin's Daughter Remembers Her Dad: Time Doesn't Heal All Wounds
- Lana Del Rey: 'I've Slept With a Lot of Guys in the Industry'
- Mark Ruffalo Retrieves Lost Wallet On Twitter
- More From ET