Dempsey appeared glad that 'Grey's Anatomy' will be coming back for an eighth season, but shed light on some of the job's challenges. "It's very intense because the hours are long and there's so much drama going on each week -- we're together, we're not together, what's happening?" For 'Transformers,' Dempsey got to get outside and play action hero on-set in Chicago, where he said ten city blocks were shut down for filming. "It was a complete rush," he said. "It was a lot of fun."
"This is for you, Michael Bay," she says, after an instructor from American Defense Enterprises explains that they've been training her at the shooting range.
She proceeds to fire some shots at various targets that aren't particularly far away, and duck and crouch -- really slowly. Guess she doesn't realize that having good aim is not important when you are acting.
"It's nice that a bullet didn't ricochet and pop one of her chichis," said George Lopez.
The 'Fringe' scribes will write and produce TV projects under their own company, which Fox hopes they'll populate with creative moneymaking geeks like themselves.
The duo is gonna be very busy for the next few years. They've already signed to write and produce a 'Hawaii Five-O' reboot for CBS, and they're also launching a new 'Transformers' cartoon for Hasbro's The Hub. (Not to mention 'Fringe', which is still going strong on Fox.)
Orci and Kurtzman's movie projects include the much-anticipated 'Star Trek' sequel and the big budget graphic novel adaptation 'Cowboys & Aliens'.
So after a few weeks of not many DVDs being released, this week has a little something for everyone: old dramas (Route 66), 90s sitcoms (Becker), cartoons (The Simpsons and Bugs Bunny), car lovers (Top Gear), and even a 25th anniversary set for Transformers.
However, if you feel the need to buy season 5 of Jon & Kate Plus 8 ... well, I don't know what to say.
- 10 Things I Hate About You - Vol.1
- Becker - Season 3
- Bugs Bunny - Cupid Capers
- ER - Season 12
The point is that you don't have much time to snag holiday toys for your TV fan friends and those few kids you actually like. Fortunately, there still some popular toys out there that can serve multiple gift giving purposes.
The I Love Lucy Barbie from Mattel (right) sells for $45, so it might be more appropriate for an adult toy collector (an adult who collects TV-related toys, I mean). But, a Barbie is a Barbie, and few girls would turn one down -- even if it features Lucy Ricardo auditioning for a part in Ricky's show at the Copa.
I wasn't even aware that there was already a Fawlty Towers complete set out. Or maybe I knew it and forgot and didn't get reminded of it until I heard about the new remastered set that comes out tomorrow. I'm gonna get that.
I'm also tempted to get Vegas, just because I liked that show and haven't seen it in years. I hate these "Volume" sets though. Just give us the whole season!
- Black Adder - Black Adder 1, II, III, IV, and V (All remastered) and Ultimate Edition
- Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman - Complete Series (New package)
- Eleventh Hour - Complete Series
- Faerie Tale Theatre - Bedtime Tales and Magical Tales
The fall not only means that the new seasons and new shows start up, but also it's the time when season sets of TV shows are released to coincide with the new seasons of those shows. So this week we have DVDs for shows like Big Bang Theory, CSI: Miami, Grey's Anatomy, and It's Always Sunny.
- Astro Boy - Vols. 1-5
- The Big Bang Theory - Season 2
- Bonanza - Season 1, Vols 1 and 2
- CSI: Miami - Season 7
- It sounds like the movie Whiteout is a prime example of pretty good source material getting made into a pretty crappy movie.
- Fat Matt Damon! Check out the review for The Informant.
- A Photoshop contest with Disney/Marvel hybrids? Brilliant.
- "The queen of talking trailer trash and posing like a porn star." Give yourself a cookie if you guessed that the person being talked about is Megan Fox. Apparently the Transformers crew are not huge fans.
- Apparently The Sorcerer's Apprentice has something to do with 9/11? I don't know, ask Nicolas Cage.
I find myself buying more old shows on DVD than I do new shows. I have no interest at all in buying C.S.I., Desperate Housewives, Two and a Half Men, Brothers & Sisters, or Supernatural, and there are no classic shows being released so it looks like I'm going to save money (again) this week.
Heroes? I like the show well enough, but I just can't imagine I'm going to want to watch this season again. Maybe I'll get it at some point, just so I can make sure I have the whole series, but who knows.
At least we'll get the chance to remember what an amazing actress she is. Don't get me wrong, I teared up several times at the depth of her portrayal of Mikaela Banes in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. When she was climbing all over that motorcycle with her ass hanging out of this shorts (right), you could really feel an emotional connection to the anguish her character was feeling at the thought of her boyfriend leaving for college.
Actually, Fox may be an amazing actress. Certainly she must have elevated Hope & Faith to new heights because I didn't even know she was in it. At least she's hot. I'm sure that's what most of the sketches would focus on anyway.
Now, IDW Publishing is helping to bridge the gap between those classic 80's shows and their 21st Century big screen adaptations with new series of digital comic books based on the adventures of Snake Eyes, The Baroness, Optimus Prime and Megatron.
Made especially for online devices like iPods and the iPhone, these digital comics should be a welcome site for hardcore fans of the original TV hits as they're not blown away by the CGI-driven movie adaptions. Yes, the animation of those after-school cartoons was about one frame every four minutes, but they had such purity and charm to their morality plays.
With childhood animated icons such as Transformers and G.I.Joe getting the movie treatment (sadly done by Michael Bay), Atom Films put together an animated montage of hypothetical '80s characters (cartoon and otherwise) if they were redone by current directors. I think the sketch would have a little more impact if they did it live-action for each segment rather than animated, but I could be in the minority opinion.
I'm not sure which one is my favorite. The Smurfs done by Peter Jackson is certainly up there. Teddy Ruxpin by Wes Anderson is also a hoot. There are a few that aren't mentioned in the video that I think should have been mentioned:
Which franchises have I forgotten? And which directors do you think can cover these franchises? Which directors would piss on the memory of them and utterly obliterate them?
Video is after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelor' Book Club: Reality Stars Turned Authors
- 'Project Runway' Season 14: Ranking the Looks of 'Fashion Flip'
- Which 'Real Housewife' Could Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Episode 5B Photos: Justin and Mackenzie Get a Surprise Wedding
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Which Juror Returns and Who Is the Week 10 HoH?
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Astronaut Wife to Fox, Miss America Adds Co-Host & More
- Did Masters Jump the Ape? Did Arrow Lend Suits His Wig? Are the New Dead Hot? Team Briggs? And More TV Qs
- Dana Delany Previews Amazon's Haunting Hand of God, Makes Serious Pitch for Desperate Housewives Musical
- Limitless Taps Desmond Harrington for Dexter Reunion With Jennifer Carpenter
- The Grinder Enlists Christina Applegate to Play Rob Lowe's 'Old-Fashioned' Ex
- More From TVLine
- Ben Affleck Casts Chris Messina to Play His Friend (Just Like You've Always Wanted to Do)
- The Knocks and Glee's Alex Newell Slay the Dance Floor in Their ‘Collect My Love' Video
- Justin Bieber Will Be on The Tonight Show for a Whole Week (Because He Knows You Need Him After a Hard Day, Baby)
- More from Vulture
- Bindi Irwin Steps Out in Costume for 'DWTS' Photo Shoot
- Michael Fassbender Goes Scruffy in New Photos From 'Assassin's Creed' and 'Macbeth'
- Jessica Biel Looks Amazing in Rare Public Appearance Post-Baby
- 'The Big Bang Theory' to Feature a 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Episode in Season 9!
- Miley Cyrus Shuts Down Stella Maxwell Relationship Rumors: 'I Change My Style Every Two Weeks, Let Alone Who I'm With'
- More From ET