Labine will stay on 'Sons of Tucson' if FOX renews it. The new show is called 'True Love' and it's about four friends who live in New York (God, that a really generic description but shows aren't about plots it's about the writing). Everyone must love Labine because he has been offered this role more than once (he turned it down because 'Sons of Tucson' hadn't premiered yet). 'True Love' will also star Jason Biggs and Minka Kelly.
In other casting news, former 'JAG' star David James Elliott has replaced Neal McDonough in the pilot for ABC's 'Scoundrels.' We told you last month about this show, a "dramedy" starring Virginia Madsen as a mom who heads a family of crooks who decides to go straight after her husband is sent to jail. McDonough was going to play the husband but now he's out and Elliott is in.
More casting news after the jump.
More casting news after the jump.
I know, I know, everyone is going to say "hey, that sounds a lot like 'Friends,' doesn't it?" But is that really fair? There are just so many plots that a TV show can have before it starts to seem like they're copying it. I remember when a lot of 'Friends' clones popped up after that show became a hit, but that was more about the timing of those new shows. It's all about the writing and the cast and the direction and all of those elements, not that it's about single people living in Manhattan.
Besides, 'Friends' ended years ago. How much longer will we compare new shows to it?
Yes, according to the Hollywood Reporter, work continues apace on the pilot for CBS's new sitcom 'True Love.' The latest victim to fall under Cupid's spell? 'Friday Night Lights' actress Minka Kelly.
Kelly, of course, was one of the breakout stars of 'Friday Night Lights,' but thanks to the nature of that show, her character had to be written out due to the pesky reality of high school graduation. Since then, Kelly has also appeared in the CW pilot 'Body Politic,' which the network surprisingly decided to pass on despite strong buzz in the media.
Well, CBS hopes so, because according to Variety they've given the green light to 'True Love,' which, if nothing else, will help dispel any rumors that the network is heartless. The series, which is being produced for the network by Sony, "revolves around a quartet of twentysomething friends looking for romance" in New York City.
It might try to tell you it's more "real" because the women aren't skinny supermodels, but it's just as dumb and shallow. The more shows there are like this the more I think the world is coming to an end. Is this guy courting these women or trying to convince them to buy some product he's selling? I keep waiting for the Powerpoint presentation.
(S02E09) The fresh takes on classic Science Fiction plots has to be one of my favorite things about Eureka. Invisibility is an absolute classic. Solving the invisible man problem is a bit glossed over, but everything else was baked to simmering SciFi perfection.
No, no, no, not as a contestant, though wouldn't that be a twist?
No, actually, the producers of the current version of the show have wanted the Pope involved in the project since the beginning, since the show features an Italian Prince. Producer Mike Fleiss thinks it would be cool if Prince Borghese could talk to the Pope before handing out to the woman
he's going to leave in six months once the hype for the show is over who he will live with forever and ever.
Somehow I don't see this happening.
Fleiss has even put in a request to the Vatican. But it all depends on the Pope's schedule. He's already slated to be on MTV's Total Request Live, so he might not be able to make it.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- The 30 Best Auditions of 'American Idol' Season 14
- 'The Biggest Loser' Season 16: Before and After Photos
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4: Ranking the Looks of 'Always the Bridesmaid'
- [Video] 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Trailer: Who Will Rule the Seven Kingdoms?
- More From BuddyTV
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Photos: Cersei Schemes, Tyrion Lurks, Arya Arrives, New Faces Emerge
- Parenthood Deleted Scenes Show Seth's Return, Sarah's Roast and More
- Lewis and Clark: HBO Greenlights Miniseries Starring Casey Affleck
- Celebrity Apprentice Sneak Peek: Does Kenya Moore Call Vivica A. Fox Fat?
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Nashville, Supergirl, Castle, Flash, Supernatural, Forever, Grey's, NCIS, Jane and More!
- More From TVLine
- The Top 7 Super Bowl Halftime Moments
- 3 Easy Steps to Fresh-Faced Beauty like Halle Berry, Sarah Hyland & More
- Miranda Lambert Reigns Supreme With 8 ACM Awards Nominations
- Watch This Amazing Weatherman Keep Cool While A Map Malfunction Shows Apocalyptic Temperatures
- Duggar Cousin Confesses She Was Born Out of Wedlock
- More From ET