A critic who reviewed this show said that there's nothing quite like it on television. I'd have to agree. It manages to be both a romantic, funny, likable, light comedy/drama and an edgier comedy with pointed barbs, quick and clever one-liners, and sharp pop culture/news references.
Is it like the moved Ed to New York City? Yeah, it actually is. Tom Cavanagh handles the Ed part (duh), it has the mix of comedy and drama, it has the pop/rock soundtrack, and Jason Priestly and Tom's sister even fill the Mike/Nancy roles (the marriage stuff, and he's even a doctor!). But it's just different enough too.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 4 Christmas special pics: Paul Giamatti swings into town
- 'I Love Lucy' in color: CBS releases first look clip, pic from redone 'Christmas Episode'
- TLC's 'Gypsy Sisters': Watch Kayla and Nettie reach a boiling point
- 'Mob City': Neal McDonough plays 'Band of Brothers' Buck Compton's best pal William Parker
- 'Criminal Minds' Shemar Moore drinks wine, flirts on Twitter
- More From Zap2it
- The Voice's Caroline Pennell on Tackling Bieber, Rocking 'Royals' and Accepting Cee Lo's Laid-Back Coaching: 'Everyone Else Was Standing Up'
- AHS: Coven Casts Fringe Vet as… Satan?!
- Syfy Orders Legion-Inspired Dominion to Series
- Once Upon a Time Exclusive: Find Out Who Will Let Down Her Hair as Rapunzel
- TVLine Items: Veronica Mars Movie Launch Date, Shield Vet Joins Fox's Gang Related and More!
- More From TVLine