I've been waiting for a "Best Of" DVD set for The Daily Show for a while now. Sure, they released that Indecision 2004 set a few years ago, and that was fine, but the best stuff on the show is seen on the everyday episodes and not just the special political coverage. I'm sure there's one coming down the road at some point.
In the meantime, we have a Best of The Colbert Report DVD coming in November. All the great bits will be on the disc, including several The Word segments (including the first one, "truthiness"), "Better Know A District," "Cooking with Feminists," "Meta-Free-Phor-All," and the "Green Screen Challenge." It will also include Bill O'Reilly's appearance on the show.
Colbert also has a new book coming in October, I Am America (And So Can You!).
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- The big scandals are the ones we love to talk about. Let's not talk about what Sharon Osbourne sends people wrapped up in Tiffany & Co. boxes ever again.
- Three Hollywood chimpanzees are finally out of the hands of their abusive animal trainer.
- Steven Colbert's word "truthiness" was just named word of the year by Merriam-Webster (and they don't even think it's a word.)
Okay, I'll go Gene Shalit for a second and give you a cheesy hint: This late-night TV star looks willing to "bear" it all!
Answer after the jump.
So it's no surprise that the folks at Global Language Monitor have found that not one, but two terms introduced on the Report have become the most buzzworthy TV terms in 2006, so buzzworthy that they've infiltrated the English language. One of them is a layup: "truthiness." But it seems like, in the span of less than a month, the term "Wikiality" has also become extremely buzzworthy. Also on the list of buzzworthy terms: "Dr. McDreamy," "Katie," "Katrina," and "Bush's War."
Here are some words that will help you speak like a teen-age girl (or to one):
- Muffin Top: the belly that hangs over the jeans
- Exogal: skinny
- Truthiness: making statements you believe to be true, but may not be (try using that one in a sentence)
- Whale Tail: thong above the waistband
- Prostitot: child dressed provocatively
- Chickenhead: ugly girl
- Squares: cigarettes
- Creepin' and falsin': cheating and lying
- Lollipalooza: group of cute boys, also known as lollipops
Know of any other slang? I'm rather fond of telling people to "Suck It" lately, and I noticed that Jordan on Scrubs used the same phrase last week.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Messengers' Recap: Dealing with Pestilence
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Ranking the 13 Most Shocking Tribal Councils from Season 30
- More From BuddyTV
- Fuller House: Olsen Twins Not Returning as Michelle, EP Confirms
- The Good Wife: Matthew Goode Exits Ahead of Season 7
- American Crime Story: Cuba Gooding, Jr. as O.J. Simpson & More Cast Photos
- TVLine Items: Danny Trejo's Dusk Role Revealed, McHale Hosts ESPYS & More
- Humans First Look: AMC Drama Offers Eerie Take on Androids Among Us
- More From TVLine
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt Commencement Speech: 'You're F***ed'
- Hollywood's 9 Hottest Hunks of Summer
- Josh Duggar Molestation Allegations: A Timeline of Events
- Chris Pratt Hilariously Pre-Apologizes for 'Jurassic World' Press Tour
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen Aren't Returning for 'Full House' Revival
- More From ET