I've been waiting for a "Best Of" DVD set for The Daily Show for a while now. Sure, they released that Indecision 2004 set a few years ago, and that was fine, but the best stuff on the show is seen on the everyday episodes and not just the special political coverage. I'm sure there's one coming down the road at some point.
In the meantime, we have a Best of The Colbert Report DVD coming in November. All the great bits will be on the disc, including several The Word segments (including the first one, "truthiness"), "Better Know A District," "Cooking with Feminists," "Meta-Free-Phor-All," and the "Green Screen Challenge." It will also include Bill O'Reilly's appearance on the show.
Colbert also has a new book coming in October, I Am America (And So Can You!).
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- The big scandals are the ones we love to talk about. Let's not talk about what Sharon Osbourne sends people wrapped up in Tiffany & Co. boxes ever again.
- Three Hollywood chimpanzees are finally out of the hands of their abusive animal trainer.
- Steven Colbert's word "truthiness" was just named word of the year by Merriam-Webster (and they don't even think it's a word.)
Okay, I'll go Gene Shalit for a second and give you a cheesy hint: This late-night TV star looks willing to "bear" it all!
Answer after the jump.
So it's no surprise that the folks at Global Language Monitor have found that not one, but two terms introduced on the Report have become the most buzzworthy TV terms in 2006, so buzzworthy that they've infiltrated the English language. One of them is a layup: "truthiness." But it seems like, in the span of less than a month, the term "Wikiality" has also become extremely buzzworthy. Also on the list of buzzworthy terms: "Dr. McDreamy," "Katie," "Katrina," and "Bush's War."
Here are some words that will help you speak like a teen-age girl (or to one):
- Muffin Top: the belly that hangs over the jeans
- Exogal: skinny
- Truthiness: making statements you believe to be true, but may not be (try using that one in a sentence)
- Whale Tail: thong above the waistband
- Prostitot: child dressed provocatively
- Chickenhead: ugly girl
- Squares: cigarettes
- Creepin' and falsin': cheating and lying
- Lollipalooza: group of cute boys, also known as lollipops
Know of any other slang? I'm rather fond of telling people to "Suck It" lately, and I noticed that Jordan on Scrubs used the same phrase last week.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'An Innocent Man'
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.8 Photos: Olivia in White
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.7 Photos: Amelia's Addiction Causes Problems
- 'Gotham' Episode 8 Photos: Bruce Goes Back to School and Finds a New Friend
- 'Bones' Episode 10.7 Photos: Booth Has More Issues With Aubrey
- More From BuddyTV
- Check Out Jane Fonda as Mr. Burns' New Girlfriend on 'The Simpsons'
- Tori Spelling Breaks Down After Seeing Her Ex-Husband
- Child Services Investigating Honey Boo Boo's Family, Grandmother Says
- Honey Boo Boo's Sister Anna Cardwell Tells ET: 'He's a Child Molester, Mama'
- 'The Talk' Cast Looks Unrecognizable in Their Halloween Costumes
- More From ET