I've been waiting for a "Best Of" DVD set for The Daily Show for a while now. Sure, they released that Indecision 2004 set a few years ago, and that was fine, but the best stuff on the show is seen on the everyday episodes and not just the special political coverage. I'm sure there's one coming down the road at some point.
In the meantime, we have a Best of The Colbert Report DVD coming in November. All the great bits will be on the disc, including several The Word segments (including the first one, "truthiness"), "Better Know A District," "Cooking with Feminists," "Meta-Free-Phor-All," and the "Green Screen Challenge." It will also include Bill O'Reilly's appearance on the show.
Colbert also has a new book coming in October, I Am America (And So Can You!).
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- The big scandals are the ones we love to talk about. Let's not talk about what Sharon Osbourne sends people wrapped up in Tiffany & Co. boxes ever again.
- Three Hollywood chimpanzees are finally out of the hands of their abusive animal trainer.
- Steven Colbert's word "truthiness" was just named word of the year by Merriam-Webster (and they don't even think it's a word.)
Okay, I'll go Gene Shalit for a second and give you a cheesy hint: This late-night TV star looks willing to "bear" it all!
Answer after the jump.
So it's no surprise that the folks at Global Language Monitor have found that not one, but two terms introduced on the Report have become the most buzzworthy TV terms in 2006, so buzzworthy that they've infiltrated the English language. One of them is a layup: "truthiness." But it seems like, in the span of less than a month, the term "Wikiality" has also become extremely buzzworthy. Also on the list of buzzworthy terms: "Dr. McDreamy," "Katie," "Katrina," and "Bush's War."
Here are some words that will help you speak like a teen-age girl (or to one):
- Muffin Top: the belly that hangs over the jeans
- Exogal: skinny
- Truthiness: making statements you believe to be true, but may not be (try using that one in a sentence)
- Whale Tail: thong above the waistband
- Prostitot: child dressed provocatively
- Chickenhead: ugly girl
- Squares: cigarettes
- Creepin' and falsin': cheating and lying
- Lollipalooza: group of cute boys, also known as lollipops
Know of any other slang? I'm rather fond of telling people to "Suck It" lately, and I noticed that Jordan on Scrubs used the same phrase last week.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 'America's Got Talent' Finale Predictions: Who Will Win Season 9?
- 'Red Band Society' Review: A Feel-Good Twist on Another Medical Dramedy
- 'Top Chef Duels' Prediction: Who Will Survive Week 7?
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Recap: Jax's Secret Campaign to Take Down Lin Begins
- More From BuddyTV
- Sons of Anarchy Recap: All Guns, No Roses
- Finding Carter EP Explains Season Finale Twists, Defends Max's Decision
- The Originals' Nathan Parsons to Lead Amazon Pilot From Lost Boss
- Mindy Project Premiere Recap: Diamond Dan Dances Again
- New Girl Season 4 Premiere Recap: Say Yes to the Jess
- More From TVLine
- Julianna Margulies Sings Your Morning Announcements
- Beyonce and Jay Z Collaborating on New Album
- Bryan Cranston's MLB One-Man Show Will Make You Love Him Even More!
- NFLPA Formally Appeals Ray Rice's Indefinite Suspension
- Meredith Vieira Opens Up About Why She Stayed in an Abusive Relationship
- More From ET