First they introduced that "Doc-Bloc" at 10pm every night (oh boy, more shows about prisons and teachers who rape kids!), then they changed their on-screen graphics, and now they've made it very easy for me to watch CNN in the afternoon.
Rita Cosby is anchoring at 1pm.
Now, nothing against Cosby personally. I'm sure she's a nice woman and newsperson. But...her voice. I'm sorry, but there's no possible way that I can listen to her Brenda Vacarro-meets-Grover-from-Sesame-Street voice for two, three, four hours a day. I don't know if this is a permanent move or if she's filling in for someone, but if she's on, I'm watching CNN.
It's getting more and more clear that the only reason to watch MSNBC at all is for Countdown With Keith Olbermann, which has quickly become Must-See television.
Abrams official title is "general manager," whereas Kaplan's title was "president," but it's basically the same gig. Abrams won't host his show anymore, but he'll still be MSNBC's chief legal correspondent.
Does this mean that everyone who works there moves up a notch, and Rita Cosby is now Chief Financial Officer?
"Disaster works. Disaster sells ...but the media is putting us in a position where we're not permitted to have normal reactions ...[the war in Iraq was like] a three-week miniseries with a beginning, a middle, and end ...When the series was over, the President's approval ratings was 98% -- that was a good show. What's left is 'reruns' with people dying."
Another interesting revelation in the article: Deadwood was originally set in ancient Rome.
Hey, I like Anderson Cooper, but even I have to admit this Slate piece is pretty damn funny. Writer Tom Peyer gets Cooper's (and the show's) tone and phrasing and M.O. just right:
ANNOUNCER: Shock. Grief. Outrage. Glee.
One year after a devastating tsunami, four months after the fury of Katrina, mere days after a tragedy underground, which emotions will overtake Anderson Cooper next? Tonight, a special investigation on ANDERSON COOPER 360°.
ANDERSON COOPER: And good evening from CNN studios in New York, where we begin with a picture. Take a look. The man you see is 38 years old. A Manhattanite. A citizen, an employee, a friend, a son. His name: Anderson Cooper.
Most nights, he appears live on CNN to show you the devastation, destruction, disaster, sadness, and pain his countrymen endure.
But not tonight.
Tonight, he will explore Anderson Cooper. How one reporter copes while waiting for news, any news at all. A story of hope, and of prayers, ahead on 360.
ANDERSON: Welcome back. Our topic is Anderson Cooper, so we have a lot to cover in these two hours. We begin at his workplace.
CBS Evening News anchor Bob Schieffer knows that his job at the desk is just a temporary gig (though a lot of people would love to see him stay in the position permanently), and Schieffer says that he's enjoying himself but that the length of his stay "depends on Katie," adding, "I hope we get her here."
What do you think? Do you think Katie Couric should come over to CBS when her contract expires to be the new anchor for the show, or do you think she should stay at The Today Show? Or do you have a third option for Ms. Couric?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Best Quotes from 'Scandal' Season 3
- 'Revolution' Season 2 Episode Photos
- 'Reign' Episode 21 Photos: The Madness of King Henry
- 'Reign': 17 Moments of James, Marriage Troubles and Catherine?s Plots from 'No Exit'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 5.20 and 5.21 Photos: Stelena in Danger
- More From BuddyTV
- Report: Gwen Stefani Replacing Christina Aguilera on The Voice Next Season
- Shane West Previews Scary Salem's 'Sense of Urgency and Dread,' Talks Taming His Wig
- Exclusive Mentalist Sneak Peek: Pike Has Big News for Lisbon — and It's Not Good
- Pilot News: Ian Gomez Books CBS Comedy Pilot Cuz-Bros – Is This Bad Omen for Cougar Town?
- ABC Family Orders Supernatural Procedural Drama Pilot Stitchers
- More From TVLine
- John C. Reilly Takes You Behind The Scenes Of Disney's 'Bears'
- 'Hawaii Five-0' Star Alex O'Loughlin is Married!
- 'Jesus Christ Superstar' Creators Talk Show's Creation & Controversy
- 'Good Morning America' Promotes Lara Spencer to Co-Host
- Exclusive: Lionel Richie Recalls His Amazing Chance Meeting with Marvin Gaye
- More From ET