First they introduced that "Doc-Bloc" at 10pm every night (oh boy, more shows about prisons and teachers who rape kids!), then they changed their on-screen graphics, and now they've made it very easy for me to watch CNN in the afternoon.
Rita Cosby is anchoring at 1pm.
Now, nothing against Cosby personally. I'm sure she's a nice woman and newsperson. But...her voice. I'm sorry, but there's no possible way that I can listen to her Brenda Vacarro-meets-Grover-from-Sesame-Street voice for two, three, four hours a day. I don't know if this is a permanent move or if she's filling in for someone, but if she's on, I'm watching CNN.
It's getting more and more clear that the only reason to watch MSNBC at all is for Countdown With Keith Olbermann, which has quickly become Must-See television.
Abrams official title is "general manager," whereas Kaplan's title was "president," but it's basically the same gig. Abrams won't host his show anymore, but he'll still be MSNBC's chief legal correspondent.
Does this mean that everyone who works there moves up a notch, and Rita Cosby is now Chief Financial Officer?
"Disaster works. Disaster sells ...but the media is putting us in a position where we're not permitted to have normal reactions ...[the war in Iraq was like] a three-week miniseries with a beginning, a middle, and end ...When the series was over, the President's approval ratings was 98% -- that was a good show. What's left is 'reruns' with people dying."
Another interesting revelation in the article: Deadwood was originally set in ancient Rome.
Hey, I like Anderson Cooper, but even I have to admit this Slate piece is pretty damn funny. Writer Tom Peyer gets Cooper's (and the show's) tone and phrasing and M.O. just right:
ANNOUNCER: Shock. Grief. Outrage. Glee.
One year after a devastating tsunami, four months after the fury of Katrina, mere days after a tragedy underground, which emotions will overtake Anderson Cooper next? Tonight, a special investigation on ANDERSON COOPER 360°.
ANDERSON COOPER: And good evening from CNN studios in New York, where we begin with a picture. Take a look. The man you see is 38 years old. A Manhattanite. A citizen, an employee, a friend, a son. His name: Anderson Cooper.
Most nights, he appears live on CNN to show you the devastation, destruction, disaster, sadness, and pain his countrymen endure.
But not tonight.
Tonight, he will explore Anderson Cooper. How one reporter copes while waiting for news, any news at all. A story of hope, and of prayers, ahead on 360.
ANDERSON: Welcome back. Our topic is Anderson Cooper, so we have a lot to cover in these two hours. We begin at his workplace.
CBS Evening News anchor Bob Schieffer knows that his job at the desk is just a temporary gig (though a lot of people would love to see him stay in the position permanently), and Schieffer says that he's enjoying himself but that the length of his stay "depends on Katie," adding, "I hope we get her here."
What do you think? Do you think Katie Couric should come over to CBS when her contract expires to be the new anchor for the show, or do you think she should stay at The Today Show? Or do you have a third option for Ms. Couric?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe on Pre-Fantasy Suite Sex: 'I Don't Know Why Everyone is So Shocked'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Ranking the 13 Most Shocking Tribal Councils from Season 30
- 'The Flash': The 10 Most Villainous Moments of Season 1
- More From BuddyTV
- Sunday Night Football, Empire Top Ratings for 2014-15 Season; NCIS and Big Bang Are Most Watched
- Ratings: Red Nose Day Draws Small Crowd, Wayward Pines Rises
- 19 Kids and Counting: Should TLC Cancel the Series in the Wake of Josh Duggar Sex Abuse Confession?
- Is Supergirl the Earliest Pilot Leak Ever?
- Wet Hot American Summer First Look: The Camp Staff Reports for Duty
- More From TVLine
- Jordin Sparks Celebrates Her Stretch Marks, Gives Them a Cute Name
- A Day in the Life of Jennifer Aniston on Instagram
- Jessica Simpson Celebrates 'Sexiest Day' of Her Life: Meeting Husband Eric Johnson
- Why Andy Cohen Initially Didn't Want Bethenny Frankel or Lisa Rinna on ‘Real Housewives'
- Star Sightings May 2015
- More From ET