tv shows about marriage
It's not a show about nothing, but Jerry Seinfeld is coming back to your TV set. This time, he's exec producing an NBC reality series about marriage problems. Only it's not a drama, it's a comedy.
The Marriage Ref will feature celebrities, comedians and sports stars offering their advice to real-life couples in the midst of marital woes. Oh good grief, there's so much wrong with this concept. Where to begin ...
First of all, I'd like nothing more than to see Jerry Seinfeld on my TV again. But after being so successful in the sit-com arena, why for the love of God would he even think about stooping so low as to helm a reality series.
Second, marriage problems aren't funny. Sure, we laughed at Lucy and Ricky's squabbles and Ralph threatening Alice with "to the moon!" But these were situation comedies, not reality shows.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Mob City': Neal McDonough plays 'Band of Brothers' Buck Compton's best pal William Parker
- 'Criminal Minds' Shemar Moore drinks wine, flirts on Twitter
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 5 reasons why you should still be watching
- 'The Voice': Matthew Schuler on Christina Aguilera's parting words, meeting Kelly Clarkson
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Jimmy Smits talks Nero's perogative going into the Season 6 finale
- More From Zap2it
- The Voice's Caroline Pennell on Tackling Bieber, Rocking 'Royals' and Accepting Cee Lo's Laid-Back Coaching: 'Everyone Else Was Standing Up'
- AHS: Coven Casts Fringe Vet as… Satan?!
- Syfy Orders Legion-Inspired Dominion to Series
- Once Upon a Time Exclusive: Find Out Who Will Let Down Her Hair as Rapunzel
- TVLine Items: Veronica Mars Movie Launch Date, Shield Vet Joins Fox's Gang Related and More!
- More From TVLine